[SOLVED] 1440 - 27 or 32" Monitor

Feb 19, 2021
After some research on monitors I still need help coming to a conclusion (or choice) on purchasing a 27 or 32" monitor, both are 1440. Pixel density is greater on a 27 vs. a 32", and I want to know if a 27 would be easier for text or the larger would partly be the same regarding noticing the pixels. The smoothness is what I'm after but at the same time would like a larger screen. Is there a tradeoff?

Solution
I was but now kinda am considering a 21:9 at 1080, possibly 1440. I want the 1440 but with the extra aspect ratio I'm iffy if my Vega 56 8GB could run it effectively, World of Warcraft is centered around my decision.

Did you check how it runs from the other post you made? Set the resolution scale to whatever the monitor would be and check the FPS.
Not really, 32" doesn't make the text blurry at all. I have a 32" and I read comics, word documents, and various other text documents all the time without feeling like it's blurred or jagged. I also have a 27" and a 24" (though both are at 1080p) but I prefer my main being the 32" since I have much more room for my content. As far as any tradeoffs, just double check the reviews about ghosting and what not. Meaning some monitors have a ghosting effect where when you scroll the page moving the text you'll see small little after-shadows following the text. This corresponds with response times, so make sure the monitor has good response times.

After some research on monitors I still need help coming to a conclusion (or choice) on purchasing a 27 or 32" monitor, both are 1440. Pixel density is greater on a 27 vs. a 32", and I want to know if a 27 would be easier for text or the larger would partly be the same regarding noticing the pixels. The smoothness is what I'm after but at the same time would like a larger screen. Is there a tradeoff?

A 32" screen at normal desk sitting distance will really fill your field of vision, I never liked having anything over 27" as a computer screen since to look at the sides you will need to move your eyes and head too much. The benefit over a 27" is that text can be larger. It won't look jagged at 1440 resolution.

Feb 19, 2021
Not really, 32" doesn't make the text blurry at all. I have a 32" and I read comics, word documents, and various other text documents all the time without feeling like it's blurred or jagged. I also have a 27" and a 24" (though both are at 1080p) but I prefer my main being the 32" since I have much more room for my content. As far as any tradeoffs, just double check the reviews about ghosting and what not. Meaning some monitors have a ghosting effect where when you scroll the page moving the text you'll see small little after-shadows following the text. This corresponds with response times, so make sure the monitor has good response times.

Thanks for your reply and info!

Feb 19, 2021
A 32" screen at normal desk sitting distance will really fill your field of vision, I never liked having anything over 27" as a computer screen since to look at the sides you will need to move your eyes and head too much. The benefit over a 27" is that text can be larger. It won't look jagged at 1440 resolution.

I was but now kinda am considering a 21:9 at 1080, possibly 1440. I want the 1440 but with the extra aspect ratio I'm iffy if my Vega 56 8GB could run it effectively, World of Warcraft is centered around my decision.