Question 144hz monitor only giving option for 60hz

Jun 12, 2022
Hey everyone, I have an Asus VA326N-W monitor that is meant to go to 144hz but only gives me the option for 60hz. View: https://imgur.com/a/NpYBt5B
Because it only has a VGA port and DVI port I am using a dual link cable from my monitor into my HDMI port on my graphics card (RTX 3060). I have used several other HDMI cables and tried using different adaptors: adaptor 1, adaptor 2. I feel like I'm missing something super obvious and I have been at it for hours. All my drivers are up to date aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You likely just need to install the drivers for the display itself. Still showing as a generic Plug n' Play monitor by Windows, as indicated above.

Jun 12, 2022
You likely just need to install the drivers for the display itself. Still showing as a generic Plug n' Play monitor by Windows, as indicated above.

How do I go about doing that as I really don't want to break anything.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Download the file, then unzip it (where you remember where you unzipped it, the download folder is fine).

The go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Monitor. Right click on your display and select Update Drivers. Choose "Browser my computer for drivers" and then point to the folder where you unzipped the drivers.

Easy, peasy.

Jun 12, 2022
Download the file, then unzip it (where you remember where you unzipped it, the download folder is fine).

The go to Control Panel, Device Manager, Monitor. Right click on your display and select Update Drivers. Choose "Browser my computer for drivers" and then point to the folder where you unzipped the drivers.

Easy, peasy.
I have done it, the name has changed but it still won't let me change the 60hz to 144hz View: https://imgur.com/a/legXDzG

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes that's correct, I will check out that other adapter thanks very much. It will probably be a while before I update on this matter so until then thanks for the help.
Note the changed recommendation above. One of my colleagues point out an error. I had posted a model that was only good to 60hz. The one above (much more expensive) "may" do the trick, as noted above.

TRENDING THREADS