Build Advice 1660 build.

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so I was messing around with PCpartpicker and I tried to make a build with a 6GB 1660 graphics card without changing the CPU, Motherboard and Case of my other build.
The odd thing was that the build came out being cheaper than my RX 580 build, and from what I know, without impacting the performance.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wMjRfH
However, I prefer to get a second opinion. Since I'm new to this whole PC building scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I was messing around with PCpartpicker and I tried to make a build with a 6GB 1660 graphics card without changing the CPU, Motherboard and Case of my other build.
The odd thing was that the build came out being cheaper than my RX 580 build, and from what I know, without impacting the performance.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/wMjRfH
However, I prefer to get a second opinion. Since I'm new to this whole PC building scene.
You can buy a 580 for under £180?

I’d suggest a Vega 56 or looking around used 1070/80s

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
You can buy a 580 for under £180?

I’d suggest a Vega 56 or looking around used 1070/80s
I don't really want to go for used. I've had a terrible track record with used goods so I tend to avoid the option

BTW, you can find 8GB RX 580s under £180. The one I had in my build, MSI RX 580 ARMOR, was about £160.

VisorVulpine

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
[
I know that’s what I was saying :)

Can I ask why you’re buying those fans?
Oh, sorry. I got thrown off by the question mark 😅

The fan choices are mostly for aesthetic. I'm going for a blue and white build you see. Although, there is some logic behind them.

The small fans have 50+CFM while the two big ones have a lower amount, not by a lot but they keep with the theme.
I wanted to have the big fans, plus the exhaust fan that comes with the case, to push air out of the case though the back and the top while the smaller fans bring air through the front. Hopefully this will give me some positive airflow, more air going in and less going out.

Are the fans not a wise investment? Like I said, I'm not the most knowledgeable about this. I've basically just started.

[
Oh, sorry. I got thrown off by the question mark 😅

The fan choices are mostly for aesthetic. I'm going for a blue and white build you see. Although, there is some logic behind them.

The small fans have 50+CFM while the two big ones have a lower amount, not by a lot but they keep with the theme.
I wanted to have the big fans, plus the exhaust fan that comes with the case, to push air out of the case though the back and the top while the smaller fans bring air through the front. Hopefully this will give me some positive airflow, more air going in and less going out.

Are the fans not a wise investment? Like I said, I'm not the most knowledgeable about this. I've basically just started.
Just wondered on them. I’m a be quiet fanboy so I don’t really consider other ones :)