[SOLVED] 1660 stopped working after 6 months

Jan 18, 2021
Hello,
I bought an msi 1660 ventus xs 6g oc from newegg 6 months ago. It was my first time buying parts online and with no warrenty, I started having a problem with the card several weeks after installing it. First it would only crash in call of duty warzone, I would recieve errors along with the crash (usually error 6068 in warzone) I managed fix the issue by underclocking the card in msi afterburner. After 2-3 months battlefield 1 would also crash, this time I locked my fps to 60 in order to prevent the problem. In the recent months the problem became worse over time and I started to dig deeper into what part was causing the problem, eventually I discovered that the issue is with the card by installing it into another pc which is new. Now every time I open a game my pc restarts without any warning, my monitor turnes black and I sometimes hear a strange noise coming from the headphones. I've tried different solutions like clean installing windows and using old drivers.
I never overclocked this card.
Newegg support won't accept any returnes or refunds.

Solution
I don't believe that I have msi support in my country, I did recieve a small poster card for registering the product in their website, I will register and see what happens. I bought a new psu especially for this card: corsair CV 450. I'm sure it's a problem with the gpu because I swapped it with a readeon 580 yesterday and I could play all the games flawlessly.
Yeah that does make it more probable to be the GPU. You will know for sure if you can put the GPU in another system and you still have the issue.
BTW, CV series from Corsair, are one of their worst. They are not recommended for gaming rigs. There are several threads in these forums that they concluded the CV was at fault and the root on many problems.
Jan 18, 2021
How come you don't have warranty? If you contact MSI you will certainly get an answer and I do believe they will honor warranty. But are you sure it's gpu related? What is the make and model of your PSU?
I don't believe that I have msi support in my country, I did recieve a small poster card for registering the product in their website, I will register and see what happens. I bought a new psu especially for this card: corsair CV 450. I'm sure it's a problem with the gpu because I swapped it with a readeon 580 yesterday and I could play all the games flawlessly.

Yeah that does make it more probable to be the GPU. You will know for sure if you can put the GPU in another system and you still have the issue.
BTW, CV series from Corsair, are one of their worst. They are not recommended for gaming rigs. There are several threads in these forums that they concluded the CV was at fault and the root on many problems.

Reactions: I wish i had amd
Solution
Jan 18, 2021
I did put the gpu in another system and still had the issue. But goddammit everyone tells me that I buy the worst power supplies. next time I'll ask for recommendations...

TRENDING THREADS