Question 1660TI to 6650XT upgrade causing stuttering and screen tears?

Aug 24, 2023
Hello, so recently i decided to upgrade my gpu and after installing it, updating drivers and removing nvidia ones with ddu everything seemed fine for the first day but after that i noticed that i got weird symmetrical rgb colored blocks on my screen when playing poe and a few days after that i played league and i got screen tears, stuttering and it even crashed my drivers.

Current specs:
ryzen 7 2700x
16gb 3200mhz
6650xt
B450-f gaming mobo
650w psu

I also noticed that sometimes when i boot my pc or after coming out of sleep mode everything is extremely stuttery and laggy like an extremely old pc And only rebooting helps. My temps are always fine both cpu and gpu are around 40-60c and in most game ive played my cpu and gpu usage seem totaly normal and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Ive also done a few diffrent benchmarks and those have had no issues whatsoever.

I never had any issues on my pc whatsoever while using the 1660ti.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Albeit running an older AMD, remove HPET in Bios and Device Manager in Windows Disable it.
Screen tears are from no setup or bad setup of options on your side, your fault. GPU & Monitor don't get along out of the box, just cause you expect it. Since you had an Nvidia, monitor may have G-Sync and it's on, tech. does not work with AMD GPU, may need to switch it off first.
Blocks of color concern me more because it usually denotes GPU failure. Sure you slotted the GPU in firmly and the back lock is in the horizontal position ? Front screw side flush (more or less) with the frame ?

Aug 24, 2023
Albeit running an older AMD, remove HPET in Bios and Device Manager in Windows Disable it.
Screen tears are from no setup or bad setup of options on your side, your fault. GPU & Monitor don't get along out of the box, just cause you expect it. Since you had an Nvidia, monitor may have G-Sync and it's on, tech. does not work with AMD GPU, may need to switch it off first.
Blocks of color concern me more because it usually denotes GPU failure. Sure you slotted the GPU in firmly and the back lock is in the horizontal position ? Front screw side flush (more or less) with the frame ?
Hello and thank you for answering! my monitor uses freesync so the problem shouldnt be because of that, and im sure everything is firmly in place but ill check everything again and try removing HPET once i get home from work and ill get back to you.