[SOLVED] 16GB RAM(7.93GB usable only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I just add another 2 stick of memory 4GB @2666MHz to the other unoccupied slots.. The result looks good showing 16GB of RAM installed but as you all can see it's only 7.93GB in the bracket(as shown in Windows and Task Manager specs.. Is this normal? Thanks in advance!
Ryzen 5 1500X
Asrock B450M Pro4
Corsair Value RAM 4 X 4GB 2666MHz

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
turn the xmp profile on? mixing ram kit sometime don't work right

Well those were the same series of 'value' ram that can't be OC if i'm not mistaken..however it's only went up to 2667MHz by default.. all perfect 16GB being recognized in BIOS.. i have tried all helps i can get from youtube by manually copied all methods still not working.. Do you think formatting Windows can solve it as some says Windows(10) unable to detect..?

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
msconfig to max ram

i've tried it before not working BUT a better news this morning..last night after shutdown,i pulled off every socket(connected to pc) from the wall..before i turn ON my pc firstly today i tried swapping seat for 2 ram stick on the right and i got 16GB 11.4 usable!! i'm gonna try another 2 on the left next morning first thing before boots up..

TheKerangMan

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
msconfig to max ram
GOOD NEWS! my problems SOLVED! Thanks for assisting me Dear rgd1101(i should have reply earlier,been few days already since everything settled for me..)
I like to repeat again and make it clear how it solved(well..in my case) -''i pulled off every socket(connected to pc) from the wall..before i turn ON my pc firstly today i tried swapping seat for 2 ram stick on the right and i got 16GB 11.4 usable.. then I pulled off sockects connected to pc from wall and swap the other 2 stick on the left and turn on the pc..still 11.4 usable BUT THEN i tried the msconfig method where i went 'boot','advance setting' and UNTICK at the max ram..Restart and i got clean 16GB at Device Spec and System Info! However in Task Mgr it's 15.9 but fair enough to consider it SOLVED! (at least in my case..)

Status
Not open for further replies.