17-Key Mouse Geared For MMO Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
A num-pad on a mouse, Genious! Not that I play a lot of games that require a mouse and the num pad, but still, if I did, this would be an awesome mouse. Still though, if that picture is representative, the keys are a bit far back on the mouse, that's going to cause thumb strain.

Kithzaru

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I've used a Razor keyboard and liked it, never used one of their mice though this one looks interesting.

I say, keep it up Razor, give Logitech and SteelSeries some healthy competition.

Sparkuss

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2002
How about the next step further for MMO's, many which involve hand to hand combat. When is a smart person going to hack a Wii style motion controller to a PC game,deatchmatch WoW anyone?

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure how well this would work as most people wouldn't have use for the buttons on the mouse since most use a game pad keyboard (Nostromo N52, Logitech G13, or an Ideazon Fang). Using a game pad keyboard gives you the ability to setup your WASD with weapon buttons (1 - 0 - +) Shift, Ctrl, Alt, and a variety of other keys.

If Razer has done this years ago before the game pad keyboards came out from Nostromo and Ideazon, they may have had something, but not, most people aren't going to have much use for this mouse if they already have a game pad keyboard.

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Major7up[/nom]Seems a bit excessive...[/citation]

Fa reel.....

[citation][nom]thisisme[/nom]I think they call it "Naga" because they now you'll need the extra arms and hands to operate it.[/citation]

Now i could see ppl healing and hurting their team at the same time with all the mistaken clicks... those buttons look kinda close and they seem kinda painful...i'm trying to move my thumb on my mouse here and it would put a strain on your thumb.

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This seems amateurish, why didn't they put 12 buttons on the other side of the mouse for your little finger to press. I would feel ripped off having only 17 buttons when I know there is clearly potential for 29 or even 31 of you place 2 more on the opposite corner.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
They're catering to all of those overweight gamers yesterday's article talked about. Now they can play WoW with one hand and eat with the other and never have to reach for the keyboard again.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]deathblooms2k1[/nom]This seems amateurish, why didn't they put 12 buttons on the other side of the mouse for your little finger to press. I would feel ripped off having only 17 buttons when I know there is clearly potential for 29 or even 31 of you place 2 more on the opposite corner.[/citation]
but what could you possibley do with 31 buttons? :p

G

This is not a very good idea. For one thing, the buttons are poorly placed. There's no way you can press all those with your thumb and not strain your hand. Also, they are too close to avoid error.

I use a gamepad for the MMORPG that I play. All of the quickslots are assigned to the function keys on the keyboard as well, so no need for hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.