2.0/2.1 sound system(<$200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apatel9

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Hey guys, I'm looking for a really good speaker system for my laptop (music/movies). I want a full clear sound but don't know exactly what to buy. I recently bought the Bose companion 2 system, but did not like them at all. I did some research and looks like audioengine, m-audio, swan, and creative (gigaworks) might be my best choices. I do not want a pair of headphone and don't really know how to set up bookshelf speaks/ receiver to my laptop. I would prefer to not have a big sub under my table, but if it makes that big of a difference i would do it. Also, would I need to get a usb sound card or would the onboard be enough? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

apatel9

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Am I asking the wrong questions? Did i not give enough information? Is this the wrong thread to post in? Its been like a week and still no response, anyone have any information?

I don't know how I missed this before...

I'd say your best options are the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 or the M Audio Studiophile AV 40. The M-Audios would probably be a bit clearer, but the Klipsch would have more bass extension and a lot more power. The audioengine stuff doesn't look bad either - it looks quite comparable to the M-audio, albeit with the same drawbacks (though by the specs, they do extend a bit deeper than the M-audios).

Status
Not open for further replies.