Question 2 Mice same problem, hard clicks vs light clicks

Feb 16, 2019
614S3PynMrL._SX425_.jpg
61YGCj4kgOL._SY679_.jpg

I have had 2 mouse/mice in the last years, making up most of my time using computers. During this time, i have noticed my old deathadder as well as my new Trust 5$ mouse having the same problem. Mind you, i have had the deathadder for a long time and dealt with the weird issues for a while so i don't remember when it all started, as for the trust 5$ mouse, i have had it for maybe a half year or less, feels like it was very recently. It's been working fine for this duration. It wasen't until last weak that i started experiencing some very similar problems.

Deathadder(right): About 33%-66%+ of all clicks would fail to register, this is a periodic thing, i could go for a long while without having any click issues related to this problem.
Trust(left): Same as above, only had this happened ones with this mouse.
Deathadder: Double clicks at times, which got really frustarting. Theory it's related to the above problem which i want a solution to.
Trust: No such problem.
Da: Scroll wheel "might" fail to register, unsure. Often goes back a step, the number of scrolls required before it does it is unknown, point is it may be unrelated to the above problems.
T: No such problem.
?:

Only recently i have figured out why the Deathadder and trust fails to register clicks and it all has to do with how hard/deep i press the button. I am used to lightly and rapidly clicking the mouse which during these times may not be ideal and i would need to slow down or click repeatadly to try and get a successful click through. I believe that the mouse somehow stretches, chips away or gets dirty and blocks the signal in some way. I cleaned the deathadder (probably before testing it again) and concluded that it made no difference, although i did focus on cleaning the place around the mouse buttons... which did nothing. The trust mouse i couldn't get into as i couldn't find the right tool. As of writing, everything is fine with the new mouse, but if i were to get a new better and more expencive mouse, i want to be prepared to fix the issue.
A potential solution which keeps popping up is putting something like ducttape inside on the mouse, it seems plausible to some extent, but nobody words the problem the same way i do, either because i specifically found the issue and want to focus search the issue or for other reasons. Eitherway, might not have needed to say as much but i pretty much pointed out the problem i am having and hope somebody else have had a similar if not exactly the same problem with the same temporary mini solution of hard clicks that i have.

D

Deleted member 14196

so if both have the same problem on that pc would lead me to believe you have either a windows issue or a hardware issue. test those mice on other pcs to make sure they don't have the issues. they shouldn't, it's not likely they would have the same issue if it was the mouse, but this rules out the mice as the culprit. if it is the DA then you can pinpoint it.

also read this
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/mouse-left-click-button-not-working-windows-10-8-7

if none of that stuff works, you could try a clean windows install, and if it isn't that, your mobo is probably the issue

also, i have that same DeathAdder mouse, and I never use Razer drivers unless MS installs them. I just use the OS drivers for my Razer stuff because their software is garbage. I have had it going on 10 years or so it seems with no issues, gaming or otherwise. But all I play on my notebook are OLD titles, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The deathadder is known to develop the latter two issues you listed, the double clicking and scroll wheel jumping.
The clicks not registering might be a windows issue, so try another PC if you can.

My 2013 deathadder developed those issues, and Ive seen it on friends 2013s, 2015s, Chroma, Chroma II, and 2018 models.

Feb 16, 2019
Still remains to test the mice on another computer/mac. Heard there might be software/hardware problems, the hardware problem not so much but it seems more plausible than software, just harder to fix imo. Nobody seems to specifically point out the fact i said that i have to click hard. I don't see how clicking harder or lighter interacts with any potential problems, i would like to focus a little more on understanding why exactly clicking hard to light makes any difference. I have too much stuff on my computer to reinstall windows... although i don't think i should lose anything if i do it right, + i have needed to do that earlier but enver got a strong enough opportunity to do it, no garanteed problem solved by a reinstall that can't be solved any other way.

It would make sense that the deathadder would, just never thought of it as a possibility. I am yet to experience any of them with my cheap mouse. If that is true, my next purchase should not be a deathadder, not that i know if future versions of the mouse solves the problems. Just looking for something that may last long, isn't too expencive and has extra buttons. Can be as simple as the Trust.
If all those versions had the problem, then i don't think using a future version would solve the problem. You would think the people making them would try to fix the issue. Would bring in a lot more sales through recommendations.

D

Deleted member 14196

you said in your original post that the cheap mouse did miss a bunch, but only once... so... i was basing my answer off of that information.

have you checked the mouse sensitivity settings and all that? use the razer software to return everything to defaults.