[SOLVED] 2 SSD +1HDD vs 1SSD 2HDD vs 2SSD 2HDD?

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
My locality is prone to outages or something is being worked on.
In any case, the reason for this setup:
I have backups of my work programs on one SSD and files on a HDD so should the SSD for the work programs fail, I can always have a backed up copy with program folders intact, but if the OS SSD fails, I'll have to reinstall windows altogether which hopefully I'll never have to do again (after a mobo failure on one of my laptops which ruined the one and only HDD a few years back which probably made me lose some hair)

Any ideas or thoughts/suggestions?

I can type up a list of what drive I'll use for what if that helps

Solution
I clone to an HDD.....just because I had the HDD and I would have to buy an SSD.
Either way is fine.
Cloning to an SSD would be faster.....but my systems only take about a half hour to clone.....and that includes doing a clone verification.....so I don't really see the need at this point to spend money on an SSD......but I imagine in the future I will wind up cloning to an SSD.
I clone to an HDD.....just because I had the HDD and I would have to buy an SSD.
Either way is fine.
Cloning to an SSD would be faster.....but my systems only take about a half hour to clone.....and that includes doing a clone verification.....so I don't really see the need at this point to spend money on an SSD......but I imagine in the future I will wind up cloning to an SSD.

Solution

Mystos

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
Btw, what are your thoughts on SSDs potentially losing data on a power outage compared to a HDD?

Btw, what are your thoughts on SSDs potentially losing data on a power outage compared to a HDD?
I think that if a power outage occurs while either drive is writing.....that could definitely lead to problems.
As far as...if the drives are idle.....I don't think you will lose data.
Although these are just my thoughts.
As far as.....is one less likely than the other to have problems after a power outage.....I'm not sure.