2 SSD in RAID 1 for OS & RAID 10 for storage - Install problems

Raveshaw

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello,

I'm currently trying to reconfigure my PC build. I installed the two Samsung 850 Pro SSDs on my SATA 5 & 6 ports, enabled RAID in all ports through the bios. I created a RAID drive using the onboard tool used at startup. I have the RAID drivers & ASMedia drivers on a flash drive. In the BIOS I point the install device to the P1 Optical drive (Not UEFI) for the windows 7 64bit install. I go through with the installer as usual, yet every time it reaches the last check mark to reboot, I receive an error. "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install windows, restart the installation." I cannot seem to bypass this & install it. I did once install it using the UEFI optical drive as the installation media, yet it wouldn't boot properly.

I previously had this build running off one of the SSDs I'm currently trying to RAID. The build worked well for nearly 2 years until I decided I wanted to optimize a RAID setup.

I figure when I can get windows to work, I'll connect the remaining 4 hard drives I have for mass storage in a RAID 10 setup.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get windows to install?

Thanks

My build:
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
AMD FX 3970
2 Samsung 850 Pro SATA
VGA XFX Radeon R9 280
4x8g Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz

Solution
I did not see anywhere in your post a mention of using the F10 key early in the Windows Install process to add in your RAID driver from the USB stick. Did you do that?