Question 2 x 8GB 3600mhz RAM is running at only 2133mhz ?

Sep 17, 2022
I've recently bought a pair of G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 8GB 3600mhz RAM, and I have a Ryzen 3 2200G and a MSI A320M PRO-E. After I installed it, I checked my task manager and saw that it was only running on 2133mhz and I checked in BIOS and the DRAM Frequency was set to auto, the A-XMP profiles had different frequencies than what I was looking for (2933mhz since my CPU's max supported frequency is that). So I set it to 3200mhz at first and I kept getting crashes, it keeps showing me black screens. Then I set the DRAM Frequency to 2933mhz after searching up what the max supported frequency of my CPU is and it still did the same. I tried updating my BIOS but it wasn't reading the files from my flash drive even after multiple attempts. I gave up for the night and went to sleep. I'm not experienced when it comes to overclocking and I need some advice. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Here's a photo of my BIOS DRAM settings

I've recently bought a pair of G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 8GB 3600mhz RAM, and I have a Ryzen 3 2200G and a MSI A320M PRO-E. After I installed it, I checked my task manager and saw that it was only running on 2133mhz and I checked in BIOS and the DRAM Frequency was set to auto, the A-XMP profiles had different frequencies than what I was looking for (2933mhz since my CPU's max supported frequency is that). So I set it to 3200mhz at first and I kept getting crashes, it keeps showing me black screens. Then I set the DRAM Frequency to 2933mhz after searching up what the max supported frequency of my CPU is and it still did the same. I tried updating my BIOS but it wasn't reading the files from my flash drive even after multiple attempts. I gave up for the night and went to sleep. I'm not experienced when it comes to overclocking and I need some advice. Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Here's a photo of my BIOS DRAM settings
You might want to focus on getting the bios updated then see what effect it has with the ram.

Without an excelent binned Samsung B-die chances to run 3200MHz + are slim to none on that MB/CPU combo.
300 series MBs have lousy RAM architecture and 2200g (which is actally 1st gen) has IMC trouble over 2933MHz. When you OC RAM it's actually IMC controller (in CPU) that''s OCed.
Best to concentrate on getting best CL at 2933MHz.
You can also use https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ as a guide.

Sep 17, 2022
You might want to focus on getting the bios updated then see what effect it has with the ram.
I've been following tutorials and it always comes to "BIOS file not found". I formatted my flash drive to FAT32, downloaded and extracted the latest BIOS update (7A36vH74 Beta version) that's available for my motherboard and copy the folder to the empty flash drive and it always says the same thing. I have BIOS Version: I.00 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 (CPU-Z) / American Megatrends Inc. I.00 30/12/2019 (msinfo32). Any tips on how to fix this?

Sep 17, 2022
Without an excelent binned Samsung B-die chances to run 3200MHz + are slim to none on that MB/CPU combo.
300 series MBs have lousy RAM architecture and 2200g (which is actally 1st gen) has IMC trouble over 2933MHz. When you OC RAM it's actually IMC controller (in CPU) that''s OCed.
Best to concentrate on getting best CL at 2933MHz.
You can also use https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ as a guide.
I wanted to try this but it was too complicated for me as I have no experience on overclocking. Is there a tutorial for this or something?

Sep 17, 2022
From what I can decipher from the compatibility memory list Gskill is only supported up to speeds of 2667mhz. Try that speed setting and see if it works at that speed.
I tried, it did the same thing. After setting it to 2666mhz (I can only set it to 2666mhz) and saving, after restarting it just shows a black screen.