Question 20% usage in both cpu and gpu

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 4, 2019
Cpu:Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard:x470 prime pro asus
Gpu:rtx 2080 gigabyte oc
Ram:g skill rip jaws 3200 but at 2666
Chassis: obsidian 1000d
Psu:rm750x
Storage:Hdd western digital black 1tb.
Nvme ssd 970 evo

I have this pc my problem is my gpu and cpu and none of the cores of cpu hitting 100% or near in games while they do in stress test and more specific i have low fps with drops in games like cs lol assassin's creed oddysey and the game i care the most is lol max getting 20% on both and me having 120 with drops any solution ??? And. I use dual monitor if this makes sense

Apr 1, 2019
since you claimed you did a fresh format for the OS , and installed all drivers gpu/cpu , so i guess its a hardware issue , i hope its software issue

Apr 1, 2019
I am gonna play with the rams a lil bit and then one more format and i am gonna hope for the best ty m8
welcome at anytime , before you format , if its gonna be software issue i think something is holding your cpu/gpu cores (limiting) you have 8 cores something is forcing your cpu to use only 1 core or 4 cores only , and if the cpu is using only 1 or4 cores this is a HUGE bottleneck for the gpu , the only way to check if your cpu is running single/half cores is Task Manager , Look for single cores that are approaching max utilization

Apr 1, 2019
i found this comment on this video its maybe helpful (( shutdown your pc , go to the pc setting using F2 while the pc is starting up , press F9 to restore the default setting , save and exit ,restart again , it will show you all 8 cores , select 8 cores (do it like the video) , and you will see your CPU is working nice and smooth ))

TRENDING THREADS