$2000 Gaming Rig Budget, Final Build! Suggestions, How Can I Improve?

tommyturner12

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Hey Tom's, I'm 13 years old and I'm building a Gaming Rig. I work a summer job, do chores, community services, etc. and I have earned enough money to build a $2000 gaming rig. I never spend money, so I'm not putting the money to anything else. Every penny must be spent, but I can tolerate $50 over budget. Nothing else. I've been studying parts for a month and I have configured a rig that will play every game ultra settings with a smooth 60+ (or waaaaay higher) FPS. The build is for editing, rendering, and gaming. I want this computer to load things at incredible speeds, and boot UPS should be fast. I mean, FAST. Here is the Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tommyturner12/saved/4N9e
Things to note: I had a GTX 780 Ti in my previous build, and it totaled the same as with the r9 290. I PURPOSELY took out the GTX 780 Ti, and I'll tell you why. Prepare, this will be.... lengthy.

Ok, so in my previous build, I had a GTX 780 Ti. I'm a NVIDIA fanboy (ugh, I know), and NVIDIA would kill AMD any day. Well, I thought that. After extensive research, I switched the single strongest GPU in the world with the R9 290. Why? Well, everyone knows that the R9 290 is a toaster. However, with the Kraken G10 and Kraken (or NZXT...?) X60, that the R9 290 temperature drops. Immensely. Many people don't know that the R9 290 is a powerhouse card when properly water cooled. By water cooling, your unleashing it's hidden strength. If water cooled, the R9 290 outperforms the GTX 780 AND the R9 290x overclocked. OVERCLOCKED!! If cooled correctly, and then overclocked, the R9 290 can reach 1.2-1.25 GHz. If overclocked, it comes toe to toe with the GTX 780 Ti and in some cases outperforms it. That is why I chose it over the GTX 780 Ti. Also, the R9 290 has 1 more GB of VRAM, which is needed at higher resolution/future games.

Now, even though the card costs $300 less, how does the total cost near that if the original build? Well, in this build, I have a liquid CPU cooler, which costs about $120 more than the Noctua Nh-d14 which was in my previous build. Also, there is 3 extras that I'll buy that costs a total of $160. The Kraken X60, which costs $120, the Kraken G10, which costs $30 and Thermal Paste, which costs $10. The G10 set doesn't come with thermal paste, so it is needed. That's why it comes so close. Also, though it says i7-4770K, I'll be getting the i7-4790K that comes out in 2 weeks. That'll cost $350, which is only $40 more. I chose the Z97 Motherboard, as that is the only motherboard compatible with the upcoming CPU, and it is ready for Crossfire and can hold 32GB RAM.

Future Upgrades/Additions will include: 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Crossfire R9 290's, 4TB HDD, and Triple Monitor (if Graphics Card is good enough) Time of Upgrade: 2-3 years
Estimated Cost By Then: About $1000-1200 USD

Well, that's my build. How can I improve? (EDIT) Now, instead if the r9 290, I will accept anything else. In fact, I will not take the R9 290. I did some research and found that some cards come with data corruptions. Besides, I'm realizing that water cooling a GPU is a lot of $$. So, I'm asking, what should I take: A GTX 780 or 780 Ti? What will dominate? What should I remove from my build to stay in budget? I will be discarding the GPU coolers, but in the future, I'll go SLI and water cool both GPU's to optimize cooling. What is the best choice for future triple monitor setup? If it's the GTX 780 Ti would this build (the original I talked about :D) be the best choice?: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/tommyturner12/saved/4OlH. In fact, can somebody remodel that build to be the best build you can think of BUT STAY UNDER $2050. Moving on, I know I overkilled the power supply, but you can get a 1000W for $10 more than a 850W, which is a good deal in my opinion. What do you guys think? How can I improve? 16GB RAM for editing programs? This is my final build. But I don't mind changing it around. Thanks in advance!