[SOLVED] 2070 Super clock speed higher than expected.

Oct 6, 2019
As you can see my 2070 Super is boosting to a stable 1980Mhz without me doing any kind of overclocking. Is this normal?

DapVxo9.png

Solution
Yep. That's Gpu Boost feature at work.
This is why people need to ignore the advertised boost/game clocks for Nvidia's 10, 16, and 20 series gpus.
It'll boost as high as it can go if power and temperature limits allow. It's also why overclocking is mostly pointless on these cards, save for the memory clock, which Gpu Boost doesn't touch.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yep. That's Gpu Boost feature at work.
This is why people need to ignore the advertised boost/game clocks for Nvidia's 10, 16, and 20 series gpus.
It'll boost as high as it can go if power and temperature limits allow. It's also why overclocking is mostly pointless on these cards, save for the memory clock, which Gpu Boost doesn't touch.

Reactions: Gaara Kazekage
Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh ok. Thanks. I was just surprised. I thought the 1815 Mhz was the max boost. This is what was advertised when I bought it a few weeks ago. This makes me happy :)
The advertised max boost should really be left blank on these cards - it's misleading.
These cards can easily hit ~2000mhz. Whether the card can maintain that depends on if the power limit is reached, and temperature headroom.

Reactions: Gaara Kazekage