[SOLVED] 2070s vs 5700xt, money no object?

Shnoo

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
Hey!

If money is no object would you guys use a 2070 super or 5700xt?

Performance wise they seem to be on par, but 2070S has the OPTION for rtx, plus the Nvidia drivers. Which would you guys choose?

(I’ve got both, just deciding which to use)

Solution
Hey!

Performance wise they seem to be on par, but 2070S has the OPTION for rtx, plus the Nvidia drivers. Which would you guys choose?

if I had the money, I would get Nvidia. However I cant hold anything against the 5700xt as its about the same price as the 2060s and it beats the 2060s in every aspect 90% of the time.

I however bought the 2060s only because Im familiar with Nvidia and I just like their brand better. But that has nothing to do with performance.

SO if it was me, Id get the 2070s if I had money to blow and wasnt worried about the performance to price differance. But like you said, you also get the RTX...
Hey!

if I had the money, I would get Nvidia. However I cant hold anything against the 5700xt as its about the same price as the 2060s and it beats the 2060s in every aspect 90% of the time.

I however bought the 2060s only because Im familiar with Nvidia and I just like their brand better. But that has nothing to do with performance.

SO if it was me, Id get the 2070s if I had money to blow and wasnt worried about the performance to price differance. But like you said, you also get the RTX as well, but that dont say much as of now as only like 5 games use RTX and the new COD:MW, theres barely any difference between RTX on or off. I used it for story mode, but dont use it in multiplayer as theres just literally almost no differance.

Solution

Shnoo

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
I just know my way around Nvidia so I continue to use them.

But yea, this is all considering money is no object. If I was on a budget, I would probably get the 2060s, as Ive already made the choice to get it over the 5700xt lmao.
Lol true, but yeah I’ve got both cards, just choosing which to use so no money is leaving my pocket :). Let’s see if a couple more people pop in...

Shnoo

Prominent
Apr 12, 2019
You made it sound like you had to buy the card. Now that you have both of them already use the 2070 and sell the other one of keep in case you have a problem with the 2070 later? :)

Yeah seems like the 2070 super is the choice so far, 5700xt doesn’t seem to have any advantages over it.