Question 2080ti losing power

Dec 1, 2022
I have an old PC I just recently upgraded with some used ebay parts. Evga 2080ti ftw3 - I7-6700k - Evga 750 watt supernova PSU - z170 MB - 32gb ram

PSU is over 7 years old now.

System was working fine for a week. No issues at all. I overclocked the CPU no issues. After a few days I was intending to overclock the GPU as well, I powered down and flipped the GPU bios chip over to OC mode and booted back up. Since then my card will run through Heaven benchmark just fine one time upon booting, and then according to precision X1 only begins drawing about 5 to 20watts of power and 3 or 4 fps. Any advice to remedy this would be appreciated. Coming here before I buy a new PSU to test.

Lutfij

Titan
PSU is over 7 years old now.
That might very well be the issue. Borrow a reliably built unit with at least 650W of power available to the entire system while having an RTX2080Ti populating the PCIe slot on the motherboard.

When listing the specs to your build, please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

considering you performed an upgrade, please mention a before and after of your specs for the sake of clarity.

Reactions: Captainmal425
I would recommend moving up to a 850w or even a 1000w PSU for the 2080 Ti FTW3. I also had a EVGA 750w G2 PSU and my 2080 Ti FTW3 would trip the power rail and actually reboot the PC. Had a 1600w G2 in an old case i swapped in and havent had issues since. The 2080 Ti has very bad power spikes that will play havoc with the 12v rail.