winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Hi.

So I have G.Skill F4-2133c15s-8GNT (8GB)
And I have never overclocked RAM. I'm interested in it overclocking so anyone could help me?
My MB is Gigabyte AB350M - Gaming 3.

Thanks!

Because your RAM is the 2133mhz, maybe forget about the overclocking. I added the guides, read them, may consider to buy other RAM if you want to oc.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
Because your RAM is the 2133mhz, maybe forget about the overclocking. I added the guides, read them, may consider to buy other RAM if you want to oc.
Well I have seen people overclock their 2133Mhz RAM up tio 3000Mhz.

winncootMKD

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
A dual channel kit(2x4 or 2x8) will yield more performance than ANY possible overclock on a single stick
Yep I know. Thats why I’m planning on getting 2400mhz or 2666mhz, depends on what this ram will be stable at. That could work, or just get 2x8gb hyperX or Ripjaws.

Another of my questions is, what is the safest votlage and temp for the RAM?
Right now, im testing 1.3v at 2666mhz, and it hits max of 37.3*C

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
K, should be good. Just a tip, I think the "blend" test is the best for testing memory in P95, in case you weren't aware.

It might also be worth performing benchmarks as you go to make sure you're actually getting better performance. I tried increasing my memory frequency, only to find I actually scored slightly worse in memory/CPU benchmarks. I'm guessing it's because my secondary/tertiary timings were being automatically loosened to compensate for the faster frequency.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Yep I know. Thats why I’m planning on getting 2400mhz or 2666mhz, depends on what this ram will be stable at. That could work, or just get 2x8gb hyperX or Ripjaws.

Another of my questions is, what is the safest votlage and temp for the RAM?
Right now, im testing 1.3v at 2666mhz, and it hits max of 37.3*C

If your trying to figure out what might work best with that board then look here.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCBuilder?tab=RAM&searchTerm=Gigabyte AB350M - Gaming 3

I can't say the tests are perfect but your getting community feedback from hundreds to thousands of benchmarks that can show you stability and value on what your buying, don't expect a B board to overclock very high it's quite rare and BIOS revision seem to either make things worse or not help at all.