atomsk_canti

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
This is my second computer build and I will be running Windows 7 RC and eventually Windows 7.

Approximate purchase date: Early August***(Videocards)

BUDGET RANGE: Up to $2200

System usage: Gaming, Internet, coursework

Parts not required: I have a mouse, and monitor already purchased (Subtracted from $2500)

Preferred website: Newegg, though I would go elsewhere for a significant price difference.

Parts preferences: Intel

Overclocking/SLI or CrossfireX: Yes and eventually

Monitor res: 1920x1200 (Samsung T240HD)

Current Build:

***I am undecided about the motherboard and video card(s). I want to get the most for my money in gaming performance. I am willing to wait on the video card(s) until the release of the GTX 300 series because it is projected to launch in Q4 of 2009. Whether that means getting 285's on the cheap or the new GTX 300 I don't care. I also am willing to consider ATI cards, but I don't really know anything about them. I would eventually plan to SLI or CrossfireX to extend the life out of my build, but not right away.

Lian-Li PC-V2010B Black Full-Tower Case
Intel Core i7 920
G.SKILL 6GB - F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB (x4)(Raid 0)
XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V
Nippon Labs ICR-BB All-in-one USB +eSATA Card Reader
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Microsoft SideWinder X6
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker
Rosewill 45 Piece Premium Computer Tool Kit
XCLIO Amazing Fan 140mm

I am willing to consider additional cooling, but I am okay with the stock. ( I picked the XCLIO Amazing Fan 140mm because it will glow red out of the front of my case)
(I need a gaming headset, but don't really know what is good. The headset does not need to be included in the total build cost.)

chronicbucks

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
if you are going to spend that much money, i would say go with water cooling, there is no point in spending that much w/o going the watercooling route