[SOLVED] 256GB SD Card not dectected or mountable on Lubuntu 20.04

MCJosiah

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
So I installed Lubuntu 20.04 on my laptop to replace KXStudio 14.04 cause it was too buggy with LMMS. But after I installed the new OS my 256GB MicroSD Card doesn't seem to be fully detected by the OS. I tried putting a 64GB MicroSD card in my laptop & it worked perfectly.

Also after I put my 256GB MicroSD card back in a icon appeared saying "sc256" but anytime I click it, it gives me a message saying "Error: Can't Mount File" - "The path is not mounted". What do y'all think the problem could be?

Solution
Possible bad microSD card or bad card adapter.

If you used the same card adapter for both cards, then it'll be the microSD card that's bad/corrupted.

Bin it & buy new one (well-known brand like Kingston, Sandisk, Lexar etc).

MCJosiah

Honorable
Nov 3, 2015
Possible bad microSD card or bad card adapter.

If you used the same card adapter for both cards, then it'll be the microSD card that's bad/corrupted.

Bin it & buy new one (well-known brand like Kingston, Sandisk, Lexar etc).

Well the 256GB MicroSD worked fine on Windows 8.1, Windows 10, & KXStudio 14.04 but on any version of Ubuntu newer than 16.04 it doesn't seem to work. I really don't wanna go back to Windows 10, especially on this low-end laptop.

But it could be the card. I'm gonna try formatting it & see what happens. I'll problay buy a new one to replace it if it doesn't work.