[SOLVED] 3.50 gHz cpu locked at .80 gHz

Shuten

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2014
I am having some issues with my cpu, granted its a bit old but should still be able to play most games without too much issue.
current setup
Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero
GPU: Strix GeForce 970 gtx 4gb
CPU: Intel i5 4690k quad core
16 gb of ram
To be fair, im not sure if this is really a valid issue since the locked cpu as mentioned above I can see it from the task manager. whether I play any games, or hell even watching movies and such. it shows 100% useage at .80 gHz, on task manager at least. Im not sure if i should believe what the task manger is saying and i should use another program like cpuid or something. Also whenever I play a game, in the task manager it shows my power useage reaches 100%, and even my GPU reaches 100%. I dont think its supposed to do that whenever I play any games. I have looked around and found a few threads that say I need to disable slow mode on my motherboard, supposedly there is supposed to be a switch on the mobo that causes my cpu to be locked at .80 gHz but i have found no such switch. If anyone has any suggestions. I welcome them. Thank you.

Solution
Try this thread might be several causes could also be thermal throttling or even bent pins in socket, there are variety of searchable q&a's for that issue, fairly well documented.