[SOLVED] 3 Display, 2 display port question

connorjiy

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello,

I have 3 Asus PG279Q's, I want to connect them all in surround to my RTX2070 Super, 144Hz and 1440p. (It has 2 DP out, 1 HDMI out, and one USB-C out)
To achieve this do I use the two display port outs and the 3rd uses the HDMI, or can I use the USB-C as an out to Displayport using a USB-C to Displayport cable?
Haven't used three monitors before and am looking for advice.
What is the best way to do this without losing quality/colors/Hz etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
The RTX 2070 Super has 2 DPs, 1 USB-C and one HDMI for outputs. trying to figure out how to get my 3 DP's from it.

You can't without a card that has 3 DP connectors. You will need to use HDMI but that may limit your refresh rate depending on the card and monitor specs for HDMI. Maybe USB C to DP but again need to check on the specs of what the card can do.

connorjiy

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
How you connect them depends on what ports the video card has. If you have 3 DP and your monitors are all the same and all have DP ports, then use those. Why are you looing for an DP to HDMI adapter vs just all 3 display port?
The RTX 2070 Super has 2 DPs, 1 USB-C and one HDMI for outputs. trying to figure out how to get my 3 DP's from it.

Last edited:

You can't without a card that has 3 DP connectors. You will need to use HDMI but that may limit your refresh rate depending on the card and monitor specs for HDMI. Maybe USB C to DP but again need to check on the specs of what the card can do.

Solution