Question 3 monitors cutting out, sound device changes, tabs switch while screens are dark

Mar 10, 2021
Not sure if it's a graphics card issue or not, I was leaning towards it at the start but not too sure now.

Basically, every so often my 3 monitors screens turn black for about 3 seconds, sound cuts out, sometimes my tabs switch, and weirdly my default sound device changes to something random. I though it was possible that my 3070 wasn't getting enough power (i was using 500W PSU, so it probably wasn't anyway) but after switching to an 850W gold power supply it still had the same problem. Also, one monitor is connected to the motherboard.

It isn't too bothering, it doesn't happen too often, maybe once an hour or so, but I don't want to think I'm damaging any parts or anything is already damaged and needs replacing already. I've changed GPU fan settings recently, I'm seeing if that will fix it, not too sure about this one.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 vision OC
Asus Prime z490-a
Intel 10700K

Thanks if anyone can help.

Edit: When it happens, it shuts down wallpaper engine, ram and cpu cooler lighting, and all fans turn on high. I think maybe the motherboard is damaged, but not sure why it would be changing what monitor my tabs are on and what is opened on my pc.

Cpu usage spiked, gpu usage dropped to ~0. This is weird

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that coincide with the monitor outages.

How are all three monitors powered? l Some common power strip?
Sorry for late reply, I checked Reliability History and have been getting Windows Hardware Errors for a while now it seems. Report is as follows:
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎19/‎03/‎2021 3:57 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffff8d881f3cc010
Parameter 2: fffff8027cef2100
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 55cc
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 3081

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere_3D
Server information: 55cbfb63-6197-4f8d-bcb8-48b41ea22562

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Look for any signs of damage: kinked or pinched wires, bare conductor showing, signs of overheating (brown/black discolorations).

====

FYI regarding "LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere_3D "

Consider that the issue could actually be software versus hardware.

Just as a matter of elimination:

Manually download the GPU drivers via Gigabyte's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Determine if the cut-outs stop, reduce, or change in some manner.

Mar 10, 2021
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Double check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Look for any signs of damage: kinked or pinched wires, bare conductor showing, signs of overheating (brown/black discolorations).

====

FYI regarding "LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ampere_3D "

Consider that the issue could actually be software versus hardware.

Just as a matter of elimination:

Manually download the GPU drivers via Gigabyte's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Determine if the cut-outs stop, reduce, or change in some manner.
May have figured it out. There is the end of one of the copper strips on the end of the motherboard missing. The bit that goes into the motherboard slot, it seems that just the tip of the copper was scratched off of one of the many tabs, it's probably still touching the mobo connector but maybe not outputting as much power as it should or something.