[SOLVED] 306P MKII - 6" Speaker: si my soundcard good enough for a pair of these?

CapsLuke

Honorable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi everyone, i just bought two of the speakers in the title (JBL 306P MKII - 6" Speaker) and I was wondering if my motherboard integrated sound card was good enough to deliver a high signal to them (motherboard is asrock x570 taichi). I'm planning to connect a standard 3.5mm cable to the pc and split it then feed the right and left channels to the speakers. I am newbie when it comes to speakers so please explain what's wrong or if it's ok. Thanks everyone in advance

Solution
The onboard soundcard might not be as high end as a discrete sound card due to the lack of onboard componentry. My ex-brother-in-law decided to get a pair of M-Audio monitors and paired them with the onboard, he then did some research and invested on the Xonar Essence STX which had individual outputs as well as better componentry layout(and amps) to which he never looked back.

I'd suggest giving it a go with the onboard audio but since you've invested this much on the monitors, I'd ask you to reconsider spending a little more to reward your ears and wrap up the audio purchase/journey.

Lutfij

Titan
The onboard soundcard might not be as high end as a discrete sound card due to the lack of onboard componentry. My ex-brother-in-law decided to get a pair of M-Audio monitors and paired them with the onboard, he then did some research and invested on the Xonar Essence STX which had individual outputs as well as better componentry layout(and amps) to which he never looked back.

I'd suggest giving it a go with the onboard audio but since you've invested this much on the monitors, I'd ask you to reconsider spending a little more to reward your ears and wrap up the audio purchase/journey.

Solution