[SOLVED] 3070 ti paired with 8700k low FPS Warzone?

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
I just recently got a 3070 ti from ASUS TUF and I have it paired with my i7 8700k and 16GB 3200mhz RAM. 1080p monitor mostly low settings on Warzone i'm getting 90-140fps.. I feel like this should be way higher as I was getting the same FPS when I had a GTX 1080 in there.. Is this an issue with my hardware, or is it the game itself?

Thanks

Solution
what make & model power supply are you using for the RTX 3070 Ti?

Is this an issue with my hardware, or is it the game itself?
try running DDU in Windows Safe Mode and removing all previous graphics related data.
then reinstall the latest driver package for the RTX directly from Nvidia.

usually when upgrading with the same manufacturer's hardware(Nvidia, AMD, etc) this is not necessary but there is some major advancements in technology from GTX 1000 to RTX 3000 and this has been known to be an issue in some occasions.

also try reinstalling the game if low fps issue persists
and try installing the game on an SSD if currently located on an HDD.

Is this an issue with my hardware, or is it the game itself?
try running DDU in Windows Safe Mode and removing all previous graphics related data.

usually when upgrading with the same manufacturer's hardware(Nvidia, AMD, etc) this is not necessary but there is some major advancements in technology from GTX 1000 to RTX 3000 and this has been known to be an issue in some occasions.

Solution

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016

I reinstalled the whole operating system after I installed the new RTX card, and it is on an M.2 SSD. Game was freshly installed as well.