32x32 graphics for cloak are missing

This is controlled by graf-dvg.prf and is currently set to:

"K:123:0x80:0x80"

which hides cloaks from being seen on the floor of the dungeon. Set it
to:

"K:123:0x80:0x81"

I've noticed some other mild problems (kobold shamans, birds), so if
someone were to upload a corrected version of the preferences file, I
suspect it would be appreciated.

--
Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
My neuroscience wikiwiki is at

bill

Harry Erwin wrote:
> This is controlled by graf-dvg.prf and is currently set to:
>
> "K:123:0x80:0x80"
>
> which hides cloaks from being seen on the floor of the dungeon. Set
it
> to:
>
> "K:123:0x80:0x81"
>
> I've noticed some other mild problems (kobold shamans, birds), so if
> someone were to upload a corrected version of the preferences file, I
> suspect it would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
> My neuroscience wikiwiki is at
> <http://scat-he-g4.sunderland.ac.uk/~harryerw/phpwiki/index.php>

Harry,

Pretend that you're making a scientific observation and be a little
more specific. What variant and version? Where did you get the graphics
file from?

I played Vanilla and NPP with that graphics set just yesterday and I
just checked the image files. The cloak at 0x80, 0x80 is there.

Bill

Bill <wpeterson1@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> Harry Erwin wrote:
> > This is controlled by graf-dvg.prf and is currently set to:
> >
> > "K:123:0x80:0x80"
> >
> > which hides cloaks from being seen on the floor of the dungeon. Set
> it
> > to:
> >
> > "K:123:0x80:0x81"
> >
> > I've noticed some other mild problems (kobold shamans, birds), so if
> > someone were to upload a corrected version of the preferences file, I
> > suspect it would be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
> > My neuroscience wikiwiki is at
> > <http://scat-he-g4.sunderland.ac.uk/~harryerw/phpwiki/index.php>
>
> Harry,
>
> Pretend that you're making a scientific observation and be a little
> more specific. What variant and version? Where did you get the graphics
> file from?
>
> I played Vanilla and NPP with that graphics set just yesterday and I
> just checked the image files. The cloak at 0x80, 0x80 is there.
>
> Bill

Vanilla 3.0.5 on a Macintosh. It uses a png file, not a bmp file. The
png has been significantly revised from the original bmp, with--in
particular--a blank panel added at the beginning of the top row.
--

Harry Erwin wrote:
> Bill <wpeterson1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Harry Erwin wrote:
> > > This is controlled by graf-dvg.prf and is currently set to:
> > >
> > > "K:123:0x80:0x80"
> > >
> > > which hides cloaks from being seen on the floor of the dungeon.
Set
> > it
> > > to:
> > >
> > > "K:123:0x80:0x81"
> > >
> > > I've noticed some other mild problems (kobold shamans, birds), so
if
> > > someone were to upload a corrected version of the preferences
file, I
> > > suspect it would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
> > > My neuroscience wikiwiki is at
> > > <http://scat-he-g4.sunderland.ac.uk/~harryerw/phpwiki/index.php>
> >
> > Harry,
> >
> > Pretend that you're making a scientific observation and be a little
> > more specific. What variant and version? Where did you get the
graphics
> > file from?
> >
> > I played Vanilla and NPP with that graphics set just yesterday and
> > just checked the image files. The cloak at 0x80, 0x80 is there.
> >
> > Bill
>
> Vanilla 3.0.5 on a Macintosh. It uses a png file, not a bmp file. The
> png has been significantly revised from the original bmp, with--in
> particular--a blank panel added at the beginning of the top row.
> --
> Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
> My neuroscience wikiwiki is at
> <http://scat-he-g4.sunderland.ac.uk/~harryerw/phpwiki/index.php>

I remember some discussion when the tiles were being put into Vanilla
of some platform needing a blank tile to determine the background
color.

Looking at Thangorodrim, the OS X version is the one that supports the
32x32 graphics. You might try contacting Robert Rühlmann directly.
He's listed as the maintainer. It might be something as simple as he
put the Win/Unix .prf file in the distribution rather than the Mac one.

Are the incorrect tiles all in the top row of the png file? If so, it
should be simple enough to correct.

Bill

Bill <wpeterson1@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> > Vanilla 3.0.5 on a Macintosh. It uses a png file, not a bmp file. The
> > png has been significantly revised from the original bmp, with--in
> > particular--a blank panel added at the beginning of the top row.
> > --
> > Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
> > My neuroscience wikiwiki is at
> > <http://scat-he-g4.sunderland.ac.uk/~harryerw/phpwiki/index.php>
>
> I remember some discussion when the tiles were being put into Vanilla
> of some platform needing a blank tile to determine the background
> color.
>
> Looking at Thangorodrim, the OS X version is the one that supports the
> 32x32 graphics. You might try contacting Robert Rühlmann directly.
> He's listed as the maintainer. It might be something as simple as he
> put the Win/Unix .prf file in the distribution rather than the Mac one.
>
> Are the incorrect tiles all in the top row of the png file? If so, it
> should be simple enough to correct.
>
> Bill

It looks like there's a bunch of others, too. (birds, dragons) It
appears the Win/Unix .prf file _is_ in the distribution, where it
should be the Mac one. I'll go bug him.