3500€ gaming/streaming pc theorycrafting need advice (long post)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OP may be buying a 3500 EUR build but if you read above replies he isn't even going to need daisy chaining Thunderbolt devices...

Dude same.forums, what's improper with 'point taken'? Just means that yes, I accept ur point. Not like I get what you are saying but u r still wrong.
LOL, chill out.

My previous reply may have been a bit harsh cuz, really, daisy chaining tb devices? If it was case fans or led strip, u definitely have a good reason. And I am sure OP is not a storage critical user with multiple hdd. He just needed it for high speed transfers, u will realize it if you read the posts again.

Hope we are on the same page now.

erflavio91

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
I may make use of daisy chaining in the future but not anytime soon rn.
Thunderbolt allows both daisy chaining and high speed transfers anyway(or at least thats my knowledge of it) so thats why I would like to have the option.

I'm still searching for more information about the CPUs and I determined that unless I'm a major in computer engineering I'll never understand fully the context of the differences.
I tend to stick with a "higher price must mean better quality" but I've learned that its not always the case, especially with electronics, and especially with Intel.

Since x299 appears to be horrible because of this "key" business, so 8700k looks like the best option, but I'm still wondering if I should opt for another one.
Surely not one that provides less performance, so 1700x is out of the picture. I may use it in a second streaming box in the future tho.

samer.forums

Notable
BANNED
Sep 30, 2017

Keep in mind you can daisy chain any device not only hard disks devices. This can include anything from docking stations , to external devices , to Monitors ... all using just one cable. can be mixed as well different devices .

but they are expensive so only for rich people .

as for the CPU choice , Get intel what ever you choose .

have a nice day. I am out :)

Game optimization and cpu usage are 2 exclusive things. A badly ported/optimized game will give you less fps with the same usage and a new patch would maybe increase it. There won't be a drastic change in cpu usage.
Some of the game graphics features can also add up to the cpu usage. Gta v with a few options dialed down will report lower cpu usage.