Question 360 AIO with 2 AIO Fans 1 Case Fan

Mar 3, 2023
Hi everyone. I’m running into an issue using my Deepcool 360EX aio in my Corsair 4000d and fitting my Gigabyte OC 4090 in. The 4090 is just ever so slightly a mm too long and I can’t slot it in without the card hitting my middle fan on the aio.

My question is if it’s ok to buy a slim case fan and use that in the middle of the aio instead of removing the fan altogether. This would allow my to slot in the 4090. I have the fans in a pull configuration.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ideally the fans bundled with the AIO are what are the best fit for the radiator for the AIO. As for you question, can you see if you install the GPU, then the fans inside the chassis then the radiator, if the clearance is off by a few millimeters? Might want to include images of your build and the gap between the fan and the GPU. Often times doing the build in a sequence does help alleviate any compatibility issues.

Reactions: Filledwithchill
Mar 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ideally the fans bundled with the AIO are what are the best fit for the radiator for the AIO. As for you question, can you see if you install the GPU, then the fans inside the chassis then the radiator, if the clearance is off by a few millimeters? Might want to include images of your build and the gap between the fan and the GPU. Often times doing the build in a sequence does help alleviate any compatibility issues.

Tried that using a push config and the radiator is hitting the gpu. But I didn’t try installing the gpu first maybe I’ll give that a shot tonight.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
In selecting the thinner fan, remember that it must be of the 4-pin PWM design. Look for one with an Air Flow max rating as close as you can get to the original - that is, 64.4 CFM - but you may NOT be able to get one quite that high with a thinner design. Do not worry about fan max SPEED. ALSO look for one with a relatively high max PRESSURE rating - original is 2.33 mm water. Again, you may not get one quite as high.

Mar 3, 2023
In selecting the thinner fan, remember that it must be of the 4-pin PWM design. Look for one with an Air Flow max rating as close as you can get to the original - that is, 64.4 CFM - but you may NOT be able to get one quite that high with a thinner design. Do not worry about fan max SPEED. ALSO look for one with a relatively high max PRESSURE rating - original is 2.33 mm water. Again, you may not get one quite as high.

would the Arctic P12 Slim PVM work?
Specs are lower but it is a slim fan.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, that would work. Its max pressure and max air flow are significantly lower than the original, but I expected that for a slim fan. As an alternative I looked at what Noctua offers in this range. Their model NF-A12x15 PWM shows max pressure of 1.53 mm water (about the same as the Arctic), and max air flow of 94.2 m³/hr, which converts to 55.4 CFM, better than the Arctic but still below the original. That Noctua has a two-tone brown chassis, but their comparable model with all-black chassis is the NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax. The better max air flow makes it a better choice IF you can get one at an acceptable price.