proX gaming

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014
I just got my first Prusa MK3S+ 3D Printer and I'm trying to figure out a way to do some basic modeling using only my smartphone. I was considering using Samsung DeX on my Samsung S23 Ultra and emulating a Windows environment, would that even work? Recommended emulators to try?

Also any tips and tricks or things you wish you knew when getting started in 3D printing would also be appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Not offering (full disclosure) an immediate solution.

Start by ensuring that you can constantly model and sucessfully 3D print via a computer with the applicable drivers and applications installed.

Then once you are certain that all is working as it should then move into Smartphones and emulation.

Otherwise, it will be very difficult to figure out what is going astray.

Try Windows emulators first to ensure that they are fully functional on the smartphone with respect to other applications and requirements.

Then start working with 3D modeling via the Smartphone.

Step by step.......

Always work from some proven base of success.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: Order 66

USAFRet

Titan
I just got my first Prusa MK3S+ 3D Printer and I'm trying to figure out a way to do some basic modeling using only my smartphone. I was considering using Samsung DeX on my Samsung S23 Ultra and emulating a Windows environment, would that even work? Recommended emulators to try?

Also any tips and tricks or things you wish you knew when getting started in 3D printing would also be appreciated.
This depends a lot on where your models are coming from.

Find online at places like Thingiverse, or self built with some software on your phone.

Then, slice.

I don't have a Prusa, nor do any 3d work on my phone.
But, a search for prusa and phone brings several results.

TRENDING THREADS