3D Realms Seeks to Crowd-Fund Next FPS Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

And wait another 10 years for a half-finished beta?

HAHAHAHAH NOPE

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
3D Realms has completely discredited themselves. They are irrelevant in today's market. I wouldn't trust them to complete anything, especially something fun I'd be interested in playing. They could have turned into something like id, Valve, or Epic but fizzled out instead. Sorry guys. You had your chance and blew it.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i dont think its smart of anyone to support/fund these guys. they had duke nukem in dev hell for 10 years and were never close to finishing it. itd really suck if you funded these guys and they never finished their game with your money.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]pukenukem[/nom]And wait another 10 years for a half-finished beta?HAHAHAHAH NOPE[/citation]

Your username doesn't AT ALL suggest that you have an incredibly strong negative outlook on a certain game and/or creator of that game. /s

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Sorry 3D Realms, you won me over with Duke, Max Payne, and Shadow Warrior, but you broke my heart beyond repair with Duke Nukem Forever. I couldn't even finish that game.

G

Am I the only person who actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever, sure it wasn't as good as it should have been. After ten years it should have been epic like Duke Nukem 3D was in its day, wasted a fair bit of my late teens on that game playing multilayer on Nintendo 64. Dnf definitely wasn't a AAA game but was still a lot of fun. Must get it on PC, I preferred the single player of DN3D on pc then n64 it mite be the same.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]Schnitter[/nom]Sorry 3D Realms, you won me over with Duke, Max Payne, and Shadow Warrior, but you broke my heart beyond repair with Duke Nukem Forever. I couldn't even finish that game.[/citation]
you can take that up with Gearbox

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I don't mind crowd sourcing for publication, in the interest of avoiding day one dlc, censorship, and cashgrabs, but who wants to buy a game they haven't seen that comes out years after paying.

Use your own money, make the game, and i will happily pay for a good game to get published.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
they havent made an original game sense 97 if i am reading right, and have only worked in ports.

that said, i would still like to see a game from them, as i assume most of the "talent" and im assuming management that pushed duke nukem forever from 4-5 year dev to 11 with them, and 14 total (if i remember right) gone, or at least that project out of the way, i would love to see what those who are left can do... that said, i would never kick start because of the horrendous track record for time and money management.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Crowdfunding? 3D Realms?

Nobody sane would give a dime to them. Their inability to complete a game in ten years shows they're completely unable to properly work as a company.

Sylin

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Bigdragon is right -- 3D Realms has ZERO cred in the gaming community. And apparently they have zero cred with banks and investors. Why would any self-respecting programmer or artist affiliate themselves with 3DR? Oh that's right -- they won't. Hail to the King? Meh. The King of Vaporware.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
firefly studios has become complete garbage... a company that can never be trusted again after their last abortion called stronghold 3 which was a complete POS... and same can be said about 3D realms after their duke nukem release.. that these 2 companies are associated with one another is all any thinking person needs to know... avoid them like the kiss of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.