Nov 28, 2019
Hi,
I am wondering whether on the Rog maximus Xi extreme whether or not you can use the third PCIe lane as a slot for a 3rd gpu for Phys x

Solution
Yeah, that's fine. I wouldn't expect to get any real benefit out of the 980 though. Barely any games support GPU PhysX to begin with, and for the few that do your dual 2080 Tis are powerful enough that offloading the PhysX to the 980 is going to have little effect.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, that's fine. I wouldn't expect to get any real benefit out of the 980 though. Barely any games support GPU PhysX to begin with, and for the few that do your dual 2080 Tis are powerful enough that offloading the PhysX to the 980 is going to have little effect.

Solution
Nov 28, 2019

It's just the 3rd slot on the maximus extreme doesn't have any silver metal around the outside (with dents in it).
Could I also use this slot for 3-way sli?