Question 3rd monitor will not disappear when hdmi is switch to other pc.

catfishhoward

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2017
I recently bought a 51RISC Radeon RX 590 GME. I have 3 monitors hooked up to my primary PC windows 7 and one of those monitor is hooked up to a HDMI switch to change that one monitor over to my secondary window xp. The last card I had VisionTek Radeon 7750 worked great, when I changed the monitor switch the 3rd monitor would disappear from my window 7. However now with the RX 590 that 3rd monitor stays and changes to a Generic Non-PnP Monitor and sometimes when I open a folder it appears on that screen which I cant see because of my winodw xp on it.

How do I get that 3rd monitor to disappear when I switch the hdmi and reappear when I switch it back to the windows 7?

Radeon R 590 driver download: (radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-21.5.2-win7-64bit-may21)
HDMI Switch: HDMI 2.1 8K Switch Directional 2in 1out with Remote Control 8K@60Hz 4K@120Hz Converter High Speed 48Gbps Compatible with Xbox PS5 Projectors Monitors
Main Desktop: Window 7 Professional SP 1, AMD FX(tm)-8350 8 core 4 GHz, 64 bit, 16 GB ram.
2nd Desktop: Window XP Professional SP2, AMD FX(tm)-6300 6 core 3.52 GHz, 32 bit, 3.25 GB ram.
I also use Mouse Without Borders.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MpG4fniTaNoBf31mxpNQ3iXwqN6ObZyh?usp=sharing

Ralston18

Titan
I am not one to challenge or question end user's choices of Operating Systems, etc..

However, that said, hardware and software manufacturers will sooner or later stop supporting obsolete hardware, OS's, and applications.

The time span for support is bottom line based: meaning once there is no more profit in supporting "whatever" then support will be dropped/discontinued.

You may or may not find some immediate solution.

But that solution will eventually become no longer viable.

Start planning ahead and consider other options. No matter how much Windows 7 and XP are favored.