[SOLVED] 4 exhaust fans 1 In take fan

Mar 22, 2020
I have the corsair carbide 275R, with a 240mm corsair H100i radiator with 2 exhaust fans on it, i have 2 exhaust fans on the top 240mm mount, with one in take fan in the rear. Is this fine? 4 exhaust 1 intake or am i not getting enough hot air out?

Solution
Ok, I'm officially confused. So I'll ask for some clarification.

Where is the h100i mounted. Where are the fans attached to the rad and in which direction does the air flow go through.

There's a 'pretty' side on a fan. All you see is the fan blades and hub. That's the draw side. There's an 'ugly' side to a fan, you get to see the motor mount pillars, back of the motor housing, all the specs and branding of the fan etc. That's the exhaust side of a fan.

So a rad mounted with fans on interior would be 'pull' if you can see the ugly side, and will be 'push' if you see the pretty side.
So a rad mounted with fans between it and the case will be 'push' if the pretty side is towards the case and 'pull' if the ugly side is towards the...
Mar 22, 2020
A bit of an odd setup. Not great for the gpu, because it can only get fresh air from the rear through the PCIE expansion slots.
Is the front panel off to allow more air out?
sorry i meant i was exhausting air into the case, front panel and top are taking air in while my rear fan is taking air from inside the case and bringing it outside

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, I'm officially confused. So I'll ask for some clarification.

Where is the h100i mounted. Where are the fans attached to the rad and in which direction does the air flow go through.

There's a 'pretty' side on a fan. All you see is the fan blades and hub. That's the draw side. There's an 'ugly' side to a fan, you get to see the motor mount pillars, back of the motor housing, all the specs and branding of the fan etc. That's the exhaust side of a fan.

So a rad mounted with fans on interior would be 'pull' if you can see the ugly side, and will be 'push' if you see the pretty side.
So a rad mounted with fans between it and the case will be 'push' if the pretty side is towards the case and 'pull' if the ugly side is towards the case.

Orientation of the fans is more important than position. Interior pull is the same as exterior push, both are intake, pulling air into the case. Interior push and exterior pull are the same thing, exhausting air out of the case. Placement of the rad, either front or top matters not, only the direction of the airflow.

Typically air should intake at low-front. Exhaust should be high-rear. So a rear mounted fan should be exhaust, top fans exhaust, front and bottom fans as intake.

Solution