[SOLVED] 4 GB out of 8 usable

Oct 11, 2019
Hey I have a problem with my RAM not being completely usable, my integrated graphics is disabled, there's nothing I can do in BIOS and changing my registry and max RAM in msconfig changed nothing. This really hurts considering I'm an avid gamer, I would appreciate some help. Here are my pc specs

Motherboard: MSI 760gm-p34
CPU: AMD FX 6300
GPU: Geforce GTX 650 ti
RAM: 2X4 ADATA DDR3

Hey I have a problem with my RAM not being completely usable, my integrated graphics is disabled, there's nothing I can do in BIOS and changing my registry and max RAM in msconfig changed nothing. This really hurts considering I'm an avid gamer, I would appreciate some help. Here are my pc specs

Motherboard: MSI 760gm-p34
CPU: AMD FX 6300
GPU: Geforce GTX 650 ti
RAM: 2X4 ADATA DDR3

What version of Windows are you running? If you are on a 32 bit version of Windows, then it won't be able to use more than 4gb of ram no matter how much you install as that is limit for 32bit OS.

If that is the problem you will need to upgrade to 64 bit Windows.

Reactions: Cost Frost
Oct 11, 2019
Hmm, all of the 64 bit versions of Windows should support at least 8gb of ram.

It could be a faulty module - try the machine with just one module and see if the machine boots / behaves itself. If that module is ok, shut down and switch to the other one and test again.
Already done man, widows recognizes both sticks

Reactions: cdrkf
Mar 25, 2020
Hey, I had the same problem and just fixed it. If you click on my account there is a "How to" I made with a lot of trouble shooting tactics that I used to fix ththe problem. I would paste it as a reply but I am on my phone rn and it wont let me.