Mar 31, 2019
So here is m pc:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YKRFV6

Here are the screens (I live in China):
1. BenQ EX3203R 32inc VA free sync HDR400 = 521usd
Acer Predator XB271HU 27inc TN G-sync = 521usd
AOC AG322QC4 Free sync 31.5inc VA HDR400 = 447usd
Samsung CJG5 31.5inc = 596usd

I already checked Nvdia cards work on the free sync monitors. I don't care about HDR (i will use the display port so bye bye) I just care about 144 FPS & good color accuracy screen oh and 32 inches would be nice.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you're favoring colour accuracy and 32", you're looking at the BenQ, AOC or CJG5. Forget the TN aspect.
If you want FreeSync, you're down to the BenQ vs AOC (no FreeSync on the Samsung panel).

Spec-wise, the AOC vs BenQ are very, very similar.... Yet the AOC is 85% of the cost of the BenQ.

I'd double-check independent reviews of the two panels, but I think the AOC makes the most sense for you.

Jotarou

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
If you're favoring colour accuracy and 32", you're looking at the BenQ, AOC or CJG5. Forget the TN aspect.
If you want FreeSync, you're down to the BenQ vs AOC (no FreeSync on the Samsung panel).

Spec-wise, the AOC vs BenQ are very, very similar.... Yet the AOC is 85% of the cost of the BenQ.

I'd double-check independent reviews of the two panels, but I think the AOC makes the most sense for you.

Thanks I agree I also thought the same - with that price of the AOC it's hard to beat. Do you maybe have other suggestions?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Not really, no. I have the Samsung CJG5 - it's a nice monitor, but not at that kind of money when you have to give up FreeSync support.

Honestly, if I were in China, I'd consider one of the 'off brand' panels. I assume shipping/returns are relatively quick & easy within China (might be wrong though).

For example, something like this:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...galleryofferlist.normalList.27.78be4540RXFzb0

Ticks all the boxes - it's just a build/panel quality question. The ones that do make it to the US etc for reviews are typically "good, for the money".

Reactions: Jotarou

Jotarou

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
Not really, no. I have the Samsung CJG5 - it's a nice monitor, but not at that kind of money when you have to give up FreeSync support.

Honestly, if I were in China, I'd consider one of the 'off brand' panels. I assume shipping/returns are relatively quick & easy within China (might be wrong though).

For example, something like this:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...galleryofferlist.normalList.27.78be4540RXFzb0

Ticks all the boxes - it's just a build/panel quality question. The ones that do make it to the US etc for reviews are typically "good, for the money".

Holy did not think of this - thanks so much I ow u a beer!

Last edited by a moderator:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's not a guarantee that it'll be good/comparable to a name-brand. Typically they'll use lower tier/reject panels, so a dead pixel or two is not unheard of..... but for half the price (or less, vs some monitors!) it would be worth a shot*.

*Again, assumes it's easier for local customers. The return process etc for foreign buyers usually doesn't make it viable, but if you can ship it back easily enough in the event of a defective unit, it's worth pursuing.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Why not this monitor kinda kicks all those monitors butts .

Because, other than GSync and a slightly higher refresh rate... it doesn't? Especially when you take into account regional availability where, if it's available, it's never 1:1 with USD.
I can't find it available in China (not saying it isn;t though) and, when comparing in various countries where it is available, it's anywhere from $750 USD equivalent to >$900

FreeSync is fairly flawless on Nvidia cards now. There were some initial teething issues, but those appear to have lessened substantially.

Especially if the OP is comfortable getting one of the off-brand panels locally, it's certainly worth a shot for ~$200ish

Jotarou

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
Why not this monitor kinda kicks all those monitors butts . 32in gsync 1440p 165hz $599
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Z321QU-bmiphzx-Technology/dp/B07BDQNDKY
Newegg has the same price

I've bought two already and never had any issues.
I was considering the Acer Predator XB271HU but I couldnt get over how small it was compared to the z32 at microcente. Idk why the monitor doesn't get more attention.

Thanks for your suggestion but that monitor costs 700usd here on China's "amazone" called jd.com

Jotarou

Reputable
Mar 31, 2019
Because, other than GSync and a slightly higher refresh rate... it doesn't? Especially when you take into account regional availability where, if it's available, it's never 1:1 with USD.
I can't find it available in China (not saying it isn;t though) and, when comparing in various countries where it is available, it's anywhere from $750 USD equivalent to >$900

FreeSync is fairly flawless on Nvidia cards now. There were some initial teething issues, but those appear to have lessened substantially.

Especially if the OP is comfortable getting one of the off-brand panels locally, it's certainly worth a shot for ~$200ish

I decided not to buy on alibaba based on this article https://www.saporedicina.com/english/alibaba-vs-aliexpress/

and a few videos about people buying screens there. I will maybe in the future give it a try. For now I will just buy the Aoc Agon AG322QC4 =D

So how do you choose best answer to close this thread (feeling like a retard)?