Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, im trying to use a 450W PSU on a Micro Atx b360M pro vh , but the thing is that i only have 4 pin( in square format) and the 21 or so pin cable . The cpu power cable is a square format 8 pin cable and my PSU dont come with it. Can i use the cubic 4 cable on the 8 pin cpu power input located om the motherboard?
I5 8600 using 65 W

Tankyou guys**

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Which "450W" PSU do you have, specifically?

With a 4 and 20 pin, it sounds like a very dated design, and should be replaced.

If it's a 4 pin EPS + 24ATX, it might be ok. Some boards will accept only 4pin EPS opposed to the 8.... but when your PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors for your components, that's the biggest sign you need a new PSU.

Aug 12, 2019

With a 4 and 20 pin, it sounds like a very dated design, and should be replaced.

If it's a 4 pin EPS + 24ATX, it might be ok. Some boards will accept only 4pin EPS opposed to the 8.... but when your PSU doesn't have the appropriate connectors for your components, that's the biggest sign you need a new PSU.
An Eurotech model no: fpspa460SA, 460w* well... You may be right there i dont really know if ita outdated yet gotta check :/

Aug 12, 2019

Rev: it wont even boot with this psu, as far as i can tell everything is properly conected.
Conecter with the msi manual in front of me

Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, im currently working on a new setup, and i've encountred the folowing problem:

Motherborar msi B360M pro vh wont boot with a eurotech fpa460sa. It has a 4 pin atx cpu power, and this msi mobo need a 8pin cpu power* is this the reason why it wont boot? The psu was previusly tested* mobo is broken? :/ Ty guys *