Jun 8, 2024
Hello, I recently bought a 4080 Super and I'm happy with my purchase. However, the GPU keeps fairly high temps and thus, often turns the fans on even for a simple YouTube video or a remote desktop work. This is very uncomfortable to me since most of my day passes in work using remote desktops and I only use the GPU (either for work or games) in my free time.

For the reasons described above, I'd like to have an Underclocked (not just undervolt) profile and a "default" one that I can switch between depending on my needs. The issue is that I don't have any Over/Under clocking experience and I can't find anything I can use on the internet.

I tried using MSI Afterburner, where I basically got everything after 825mV and lowered it to 825mv's MHz value (2000 in my case). Also, I used the power/temp limit sliders and got both to the minimum (46% power / 65 degrees). However this is still not enough as I tested it with a simple YouTube video (1080p 60fps) and it still got my fans working and raised my temps.

Since my GPU is Gigabyte, I also tried GCC but it was kind of buggy and I switched to MSI Afterburner.

Can anyone help me achive the results I'm looking for so I have a cool, non-powerfull GPU profile?

P.S: I also thought about using my old GPU - 1080Ti for this, but it would get extremely tedious constantly switching the cables as I'm using 3 monitors. Also, it would raise my temps and clutter the case.