4670K 1.3 4.5ghz to much? And Corsair Link questions..

thedude300

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
As the title states. I so far run under 80c at 1.3v at 4.5ghz on my 4670K. This is paired up with a Hydro H100i cooler. But, I have no idea how to properly set it up. I usually throw it on performance mode when gaming and to balanced when doing browsing.

Today I finally opened up Corsair Link and found that I can change my settings around. One of the options allows me to make both my fans a Pump? What is this Pump option? I can choose either pump or fan and I don't know what either does. Well I do for the fan part obviously but what does Pumping do? is it useful? Also, I'd like to set up a Fan curve. As I have with my over clocked GPU. But, I don't know what good points and settings are and was looking for some pointers..

Solution
Not quite sure where this option is in link where you can make the fans as pump, but I guess you are referring to groups. I would leave the pump as is, because you want it to run at max rpm all the time, which in your case, it should be around 2200rpm.. The pump icon is there for you to monitor, nothing more. As for the fan, you can put it under a particular group depending on how you want them to react based on a specific temp (e.g. Cooler temp, CPU temp). We do recommend that you put it under Cooler temp group (H100i Temp).

To create your own fan curve, you can simply click the Fan icon and a config panel will appear on the right hand side of the UI. Under "Mode", you can then select 'custom curve" where you can set your preferred...

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Not quite sure where this option is in link where you can make the fans as pump, but I guess you are referring to groups. I would leave the pump as is, because you want it to run at max rpm all the time, which in your case, it should be around 2200rpm.. The pump icon is there for you to monitor, nothing more. As for the fan, you can put it under a particular group depending on how you want them to react based on a specific temp (e.g. Cooler temp, CPU temp). We do recommend that you put it under Cooler temp group (H100i Temp).

To create your own fan curve, you can simply click the Fan icon and a config panel will appear on the right hand side of the UI. Under "Mode", you can then select 'custom curve" where you can set your preferred fan rpm relative to the temp change.

Solution