caoder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
sooo i bought a big water WC system from thermal take.. blah blah i know its bad to buy a packaged set.. but atm i was thinking about applying it to my video card first =o
then add a 240 mm rad for the other vid card and cpu.. =/ sooo i took out a 4870 that i had.. i was donering .. >.> if .. i used the original fan and heat sink system they had for the pwms and ram.. would i be able to get away with drilling 2 holes in the casing and running small thermaltake gpu wc blocks instead of using the original heatpipe and fin system they had for the processor itself... =/ i think i'm going to test it out =o cause i believe it will work. .. any body try this and already know it doesn't work before i start tearing into my fan casing xD.

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
those kit SUCKs not only cause they dont perform well, its OFTEN cause they use Aluminium RAD with Copper block and this cause some BAD corosion.....

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ive paid 150$ ( canadian dollar ) for my Swiftech Apex Kit when the regular price was 300$.

When you want something just wait ... wait until you find the right price/deal. Unless you have lots of spare money. Before going WC ive read ALOT about it, and found that EVERYWHERE they tell that those kit are bad for lots of reason. Its sometime better to buy a GOOD aircooling vs those premade cheap kit. Well youve already buyed it so live with it ... keep changing parts one by one and soon youll have a real kit that will cost you twice ...

Have fun !