[SOLVED] 4G Router help

Fennwulf

Prominent
Dec 13, 2019
Hey,

So after a lot of tedious troubleshooting and nothing but problems I have decided to seek advice regarding a 4G router replacement for my Huawei 4G Router 3 Pro. I have two echo dots that will not connect to the wifi (after endless chats with Huawei, Amazon and my internet provider) the problems are not solved. I also struggle with gaming on this router. Just to clear up where I live doesn't have fiber broadband so I am currently limited to 4G internet :(

So my question is could anyone recommend me a router that will be reasonably good for gaming (I understand that gaming on 4g/wifi isn't ideal), Duel Band and is unlocked to all mobile networks? I have limited experience with this stuff and would very much appreciate some help. I will still be keeping my contract with my IP (Three UK) I just need to replace the router due to the lack of firmware support on Huawei's devices.

Thanks!

Solution
If you connect to the huawei with a ethernet cable is the performance acceptable.....taking into account it is mobile broadband.

The easiest option if this works is to in effect replace the wifi in the huawei. What you can do is buy a very inexpensive router say $50 with a number like 1200 or 1450. This will still exceed the data rate of almost any 4G connection. You then use this device as a AP and hook it to your huawei using ethernet. You can if you want turn off the wifi radios in the huawei. Mobile broadband is getting better but it is still a challenge many times to get devices that have the proper radio bands. The device must function on the radio bands your ISP uses on the cell tower near you. This can be...
If you connect to the huawei with a ethernet cable is the performance acceptable.....taking into account it is mobile broadband.

The easiest option if this works is to in effect replace the wifi in the huawei. What you can do is buy a very inexpensive router say $50 with a number like 1200 or 1450. This will still exceed the data rate of almost any 4G connection. You then use this device as a AP and hook it to your huawei using ethernet. You can if you want turn off the wifi radios in the huawei. Mobile broadband is getting better but it is still a challenge many times to get devices that have the proper radio bands. The device must function on the radio bands your ISP uses on the cell tower near you. This can be very tedious stuff to find and you still must avoid carrier locked equipment. What makes this even worse is the same exact part number can have different radio band support in different countries.

If you really want to replace the router I would look at the ISP site. They will generally have a list of devices that are known to function on their network.

Solution