[SOLVED] 4GB + 8GB Memory HyperX on Asus Prime Z390-A

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
Hey Guys.
I have a Asus Prime Z390-A with a Core i3 8100 and 2 RAM DIMMs
  1. HX424C15FB/4GB (DDR4-2400 CL15)
  2. HX424C15FB/8GB (DDR4-2400 CL15)
And these are new!! I want to install both RAMs in system but I scared if it cause any problem for example Motherboard Problem
another Question is: Do u recommend to put these 2 RAM together?they work?any stability issue?and ...

Last edited:
Solution
You can make any combinations you want. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to work in any configuration other than as a Single module.
They will work together as they are almost identical except for capacity, and no harm will be done to the motherboard in any event.

However, it's advisable to use matching modules of the same capacity, otherwise you won't get the performance benefit of dual channel, the RAM modules you have will run in single channel only.

You can make any combinations you want. Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.

Memory modules sold as Singles have no guarantee to work in any configuration other than as a Single module.

Reactions: Bad Sector
Solution

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
They will work together as they are almost identical except for capacity, and no harm will be done to the motherboard in any event.

However, it's advisable to use matching modules of the same capacity, otherwise you won't get the performance benefit of dual channel, the RAM modules you have will run in single channel only.
Thanks for your replay, I test it now and one of my RAM was not work correctly so I replaced both of them with 2 GEIL RAM (4 + 8) (GEXB44GB2400C17SC and GEXB48GB2400C17SC)
the point is that they are single channel it specification page but when I put this together they worked Dual and this make me happy but this is exactly opposite of what you said " the RAM modules you have will run in single channel only:unsure:"

HGITrCI.png

Bad Sector

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013

Thanks for the replay buddy. It is a big risk to do it!