Question 4k blueray supporting dlna

May 8, 2022
I have twonky on my computer. With my old tv I could go to network and listen to my music. My new tv does not support that. I need to replace my old 1080p blueray with 4k so I'm looking for one that supports dlna. I've tried 3 now from Amazon that claim to support dlna, and one even said explicitly that I can listen to music, watch movies...etc. from a pc or any other supprted device. but they only mirror from a smart phone.

Anyone know of something that'll work?

May 8, 2022
Like I said. With my old tv I could go to network and listen to my music. My new tv does not support that. I just got a new 4k TV and amp, but the new tv does not support dlna.

Could someone recommend a blueray that supports twonky?

Like I said. With my old tv I could go to network and listen to my music. My new tv does not support that. I just got a new 4k TV and amp, but the new tv does not support dlna.

Could someone recommend a blueray that supports twonky?
It doesn't matter what your old TV did. If everything else on the network can't see it, then you have a problem with the server.

I had a problem with a previous NAS box that was running a Twonky media server and nothing was picking it up despite my attempts at restarting it and reinstalling the feature. My current NAS box is running OpenMediaVault with a simple DLNA plugin and now everyone sees a DLNA server.

May 8, 2022
Seriously? There's nothing wrong with the twonky server, I can listen from my phone. The TV itself does not support DLNA. I've upgraded my amp and tv to 4k, but my old blueray is only 1080. Could someone just answer my question? Is there a 4k blue-ray that supports DLNA?