Oct 15, 2020
Hello everyone!
Should I buy a 4K screen and in heavy games play on 2K (because there are still no video cards that run in 4K all heavy games above 90 FPS) or just buy a 2K screen (because I realized that if you play below the natural resolution of the screen the picture does not look good)
Does play games on QHD with 4K monitor really look bad?
Thank you!!!

Buy the 4k monitor, all else being equal. You can lower resolution if you need to,
I do this on occasion because the text on a native 4k display can be tiny.

But, perhaps a compromise would be in order, buy a larger, more immersive 34" 3440 x 1440 monitor.

Oct 16, 2020
Hi Whitebeat.

That's not true that no GPU can do 4K 90FPS+. Take a look at the RTX 3000 series.

i"m pretty sure he knows the 3000 series, but even the 3090 won't hold up above 90-100 fps all the time in 4k gaming
which is fine if u don't care about playing above 100 fps.
all he asked is if the quality of playing in 2k resolution on 4k monitors is any good / less good then playing on a 2k monitor

Buy the 4k monitor, all else being equal. You can lower resolution if you need to,
I do this on occasion because the text on a native 4k display can be tiny.

But, perhaps a compromise would be in order, buy a larger, more immersive 34" 3440 x 1440 monitor.

didn't understand the first line at all :/

as for buying
'2' k 34 monitor
I don't think it's a good recommendation

for me, 27inch is the maximum in a display that it's mainly used in gaming

and for whitebeat

hey I just met you
and this is crazy
but here's my opinion: it doesn't matter if u buy 2k or 4k
so take it lightly

A 4k monitor will have about 3820 x 2160 pixels or color dots.

If you wish, you can run a 4k monitor at a lesser resolution like 1920 x 1080, or places in between.
That might allow higher FPS in games that are graphically demanding.
But, you can not increase the resolution of a 1080P monitor to a higher resolution.

When buying a monitor, see if you can't look at the candidates in person.

Oct 15, 2020
A 4k monitor will have about 3820 x 2160 pixels or color dots.

If you wish, you can run a 4k monitor at a lesser resolution like 1920 x 1080, or places in between.
That might allow higher FPS in games that are graphically demanding.
But, you can not increase the resolution of a 1080P monitor to a higher resolution.

When buying a monitor, see if you can't look at the candidates in person.
Thank you for your answer, i know that i can lower the resolution on 4K monitors, my question was if i Do lower the resolution to QHD how bad it will be compared to True QHD monitor while gaming.

What dimension do you deem to be QHD and how would that differ from "True QHD" ??
All these terms are crazy and they seem to be used interchangeably.
Here is the wiki on the subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution#QHD_.282560x1440.29

Probably what matters most is what resolutions a game is designed to play at.
If a high reesolution monitor can play at a supported game resolution, then I would expect better quality when playing at a down level resolution. My reasoning is that each displayable portion can be represented by more picture dots. The quality of the monitor also matters since better monitors can display more colors at a given resolution.

In the absence of actually seeing and trying a monitor, try to find a review of the monitor.
I happen to think that wider curved monitors can give a more immersive experience.

Oct 15, 2020
What dimension do you deem to be QHD and how would that differ from "True QHD" ??
All these terms are crazy and they seem to be used interchangeably.
Here is the wiki on the subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_display_resolution#QHD_.282560x1440.29

Probably what matters most is what resolutions a game is designed to play at.
If a high reesolution monitor can play at a supported game resolution, then I would expect better quality when playing at a down level resolution. My reasoning is that each displayable portion can be represented by more picture dots. The quality of the monitor also matters since better monitors can display more colors at a given resolution.

In the absence of actually seeing and trying a monitor, try to find a review of the monitor.
I happen to think that wider curved monitors can give a more immersive experience.
When i said True QHD i meant native monitor resolution. i understand what you said about the resolutions a game is designed to play at but i am not talking about specific game. my question was if i play a game on QHD settings with with native 4K monitor how much of a difference it will be if i play with native QHD monitor. because the upscale the 4K monitor does to the picture (and lets say hypotheticaly that both monitors have the same specs except from the resolution.