Question 50 minutes boot up time with NVMe SSD M.2

Jan 28, 2023
Hello guys!

I wasn't exaggerating when I mentioned that it always took 50 minutes for my PC to boot up, but it wasn't like that before when I first built my PC. It would normally take around 5-10 seconds and my PC is already good to use.

I always time my boot up time when it starts showing the rotating circle along with "AORUS" text which is my motherboard.

I was desperate and tried installing fresh window on the SSD itself but it still took an absurd amount of time.

I don't know if its relevant but I also have another SSD inserted on my motherboards M.2 slot. They're both the same size and model:

wdc wds100t2b0c-00pxh0

Could that be the problem? Which having two SSDs inserted? I haven't tried pulling out the newer one and leave the SSD where the OS is installed.

Please let me know if I need to provide more context or information for you guys to understand the situation better. And I deeply apologize if I'm not that clear with my explanation since I'm pretty new and still learning with these stuff.

Thank you so much and I appreciate your future response!

Hello guys!

I wasn't exaggerating when I mentioned that it always took 50 minutes for my PC to boot up, but it wasn't like that before when I first built my PC. It would normally take around 5-10 seconds and my PC is already good to use.

I always time my boot up time when it starts showing the rotating circle along with "AORUS" text which is my motherboard.

I was desperate and tried installing fresh window on the SSD itself but it still took an absurd amount of time.

I don't know if its relevant but I also have another SSD inserted on my motherboards M.2 slot. They're both the same size and model:

wdc wds100t2b0c-00pxh0

Could that be the problem? Which having two SSDs inserted? I haven't tried pulling out the newer one and leave the SSD where the OS is installed.

Please let me know if I need to provide more context or information for you guys to understand the situation better. And I deeply apologize if I'm not that clear with my explanation since I'm pretty new and still learning with these stuff.

Unplug all disk except for the OS disk......any diff?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Run memtest.
It boots from a usb drive and does not use windows.
That will exercise the basic functioning of the pc.

You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

When you install windows, you do not want any other drives present or windows will use that drive for a boot loader and it will forever need to be present to boot windows.

Jan 28, 2023
Hello everyone,

I apologize for the late late reply but I tried both suggestions:
  • Unplugged all disks except the OS
  • Ran a Memtest and passed every tests
Boot time is still (50 mins) the same and Im running out of options :(

D

Deleted member 14196

Turn on verbose logging for the BIOS so you can actually see what’s going on when it’s trying to boot

Alex Storm

Reputable
Mar 2, 2021
Hello guys!

wdc wds100t2b0c-00pxh0

If you have two SSDs, it is possible that the boot priority to the system is not correctly set in the BIOS or the SSD with windows drops out of the boot list

Jan 28, 2023
Nothing shows as being bad.

Look at task manager/startup.
What does bios time show?