54 Million Enthusiast and Performance PC Gamers Globally

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
What? No way! Why play on a desktop when I can play on my phone? I can't wait to be able to play on my wrist watch.
Only old people afraid of change use desktops. Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja FTW!

Ryuzaki_L

Honorable
May 3, 2012
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]anyone know how JPR gets their data?[/citation]

I would guess from websites that collect data about a visitors hardware/software. maybe?

G

"With all the buzz that tablets are taking over the gaming world"
I nearly fell off my chair.

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
What I find interesting is the fact that the article from the other day about Intel killing off the discrete video market stated that only 5% would purchase such card and that 95% are fine with integrated graphics ( http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-nvidia,15484.html ).

If that's the case then let's take the 54 million of us from this study and run some math. If that other article was right about 5% then there are a total of 1.08 billion computer consumers in the world. At a population just over 7 billion, that's almost 1 in 7 people on earth that owns a computer. Now at only 5%, that's .35% of a person that will purchase a discrete card. Now you say what about those who purchase discrete cards for other purposes than gaming. That's still going to be less than 1 person...

So, how's it feel to be less than a person? Makes me feel great! No wonder I hated statistics in college...

G

We brazilians would buy more and piracy less if our damned government stopped applying 60% (federal imports taxes) + 18% (ICMS tax a.k.a Commercialization tax) over every game we imported...

Damn those governments to Oblivion, they fuck our lives, steal our money and still dictate laws >_>

EzioAs

Distinguished
I'm glad this news came out. Most people expect pc gaming (desktops especially) to be dead but now I have something to back me up when people say that.

Thumbs up PC gaming!

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Additionally, the firm says PC gaming will drive hardware sales of $23.6 billion this year and about $32 billion by 2015

And thats why companies should all support PC gaming, and stop treating PC gamers like we are all black sheep or something.

Prey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]Prey[/nom]Pffsh! Yeah, like there is a market for PC gaming[/citation]
Sarcasm you muppets

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
gaming tablet and mobile phone games taken over consol players, not PC gamers as the experience is no where near what you get on a PC.

G

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Proudly about to spend a cool grand on a GTX 690 to replace my 2 gtx 580s for my ultra 2560 x 1600 res display. PC gaming alive and well at my house![/citation]
You forgot to write /brag.

Seriously, GTX 690 is overkill for anything below 3 full HD monitors and 2x GTX 580 will eat anything you throw at it for breakfast in next 2-3 years at least. Rich much?

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I think the writer is confused with what a PC gamer is, I think the writer is thinking that the game apps are really part of PC gamers choice games. lol. I think the writer is also trying to relate a $1.99 app like angry birds to a $59.99 Guild Wars 2. I think the price alone is what is driving those app sales, Most people would not pay $59.99 for rubbish like that. I have to put most there as I know some people would. We PC Gamers do not even consider them real games. Just think next article may be comparing Facebook games with real games.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
54M seems kinda low. I mean considering there are over 6Billion people on this planet. I always thought there was at least 100M PC gamers since there are ALLOT of PCs out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.