Mar 10, 2022
Hi there!
I've been running my 5600G since September in my build, and I added a 980ti recently, rendering the graphics section redundant.

Generally, my temps are good. I average 50°C idle and 70°C under load, but when I open Microsoft Flight Simulator, it increases to 100°C pretty quickly. My GPU goes to a max of 75°C in MSFS, and when I touch the tempered glass, it feels hot to touch so probably not a sensor error.

I have 4 fans in my system, a CiT Flash case and I'm using the stock Wraith Stealth, so I have two questions.

1. Do you think there is something wrong with my CPU?
  2. Is there a setting that can disable the graphics cores, to reduce stress?
If you think it's my CPU, I'll probably upgrade to a 5700 or something anyway so please let me know what you think.

Many thanks :)

Solution
Yes, typical result with poor airflow or inadequate cooling.
In this scenario, the Wraith Stealth's air 'intake' is the 980Ti's exhaust, and the Stealth doesn't have a very high thermal capacity to begin with.
The fans at the front likely aren't doing a whole lot either: cheap ARBG fans + practically solid front panel = front intake is weak.
Your issue is case airflow. The CiT Flash is pretty, but how much air are the front intake fans getting through that solid glass front panel and small vent slits on the side?

CPU is fine on it's own because it only dumps out 65W of heat into the case. As soon as you add ~240W from the GTX980Ti, things get out of hand.

Here's an experiment. Remove the front panel so the front fans aren't suffocated and monitor temps.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In this scenario, the Wraith Stealth's air 'intake' is the 980Ti's exhaust, and the Stealth doesn't have a very high thermal capacity to begin with.
The fans at the front likely aren't doing a whole lot either: cheap ARBG fans + practically solid front panel = front intake is weak.

Solution
Mar 10, 2022
Thanks! What would you recommend for a new CPU fan?