Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
Question: What dose everyone use for best performance and great undervolting?

Is this a good and safe settings for Ryzen 5800x3D for longevity

PPT @ 140W
TDC @ 95A
EDC @ 140A
Thermal Limit: 80c

And Curve Optimizer -20 to -30 per core
Is that good for safety and longevity of the Ryzen 5800x3D, don’t want it to bust or break in anyway.

I have read that this is what helps people a lot to gain better temps and better performance and lower temps? Thoughts?

PPT @ 100W
TDC @ 70A
EDC @ 100A
Thermal Limit: 80c

Cooler is: Corsair H150i

Motherboard: Asus Viii Hero WiFi

Last edited:
All depends on what you want from the system and how much you are willing to lose.

If you only game then the second set of settings could help even with performance because it could possibly increase the single thread speed somewhat. But that would be at the cost of multi threaded apps running much slower, if you don't need them you wont lose anything...

Also make sure that with your settings the thermal limit actually works because with some settings limits can be overridden.
The most important thing is to have the vsoc limited to what AMD said, so make sure you have a newer bios that has these safer vsoc settings.

Seabass101

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2016
All depends on what you want from the system and how much you are willing to lose.

If you only game then the second set of settings could help even with performance because it could possibly increase the single thread speed somewhat. But that would be at the cost of multi threaded apps running much slower, if you don't need them you wont lose anything...

Also make sure that with your settings the thermal limit actually works because with some settings limits can be overridden.
The most important thing is to have the vsoc limited to what AMD said, so make sure you have a newer bios that has these safer vsoc settings.

So could you just manually input Vsoc to make sure it doesn’t reach any higher levels in Bios?

Also have you tinkered or changed anything for 5800x3D Bios settings? (Primary use is gaming for me among other programs)

So could you just manually input Vsoc to make sure it doesn’t reach any higher levels in Bios?
As I said before under certain settings if you manually change some things they will not "take" and revert to whatever the mobo chooses.
You should make sure that you have the correct bios and double sure to apply it the way they tell you to.
Also have you tinkered or changed anything for 5800x3D Bios settings? (Primary use is gaming for me among other programs)
All I'm telling you is from things that people discussed on forums and from articles.