Question 5800X3D will not boot into windows

Sir_Lagsalot

Honorable
Mar 19, 2017
I upgraded my 5600x to a 5800x3d recently. With the 5800x3d installed, I can get into the bios just fine, but when the system tries to boot into windows, it hard restarts, sending me back to the startup screen.

The system can boot into windows just fine with the 5600x installed. It's especially confusing because this 5800x3d used to work in a previous system. My BIOS is updated to the latest version and the motherboard recognizes the CPU in the BIOS.

No UEFI or CSM setting yields any results and I am at a loss. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

SPECS

CPU: 5800x3d
MOBO : Asrock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: 16GB @ 3600mhz
GPU: RX 7900XTX

Sir_Lagsalot

Honorable
Mar 19, 2017
Try the hard disk idea, any old crap will do. If Windows doesn't install, you know the chip is bad. Or if you bought it new, RMA it.
Gave it a shot, tried installing windows off an installation media I made, system keeps crashing during the install. This chip is bad. Sadly it's past the point of RMA. Might buy another one to replace it in the future or just switch to intel at this point. AMD has been nothing but trouble for me

Gave it a shot, tried installing windows off an installation media I made, system keeps crashing during the install. This chip is bad. Sadly it's past the point of RMA. Might buy another one to replace it in the future or just switch to intel at this point. AMD has been nothing but trouble for me

That's a bummer man. It does seem as if the chip is bad. You could try seeing if it'd run with one memory stick to further troubleshoot if a memory controller has failed, but it's not looking good unfortunately.

Where did you get it? No chance of return?

Sir_Lagsalot

Honorable
Mar 19, 2017
That's a bummer man. It does seem as if the chip is bad. You could try seeing if it'd run with one memory stick to further troubleshoot if a memory controller has failed, but it's not looking good unfortunately.

Where did you get it? No chance of return?
Got it from B&H back in July. Website says it's not available for return. At least I have the 5600X to keep me going until I can upgrade or get a replacement. Regardless, thank you for trying to help. It's appreciated.

Reactions: John Chesterfield