[SOLVED] 6 intake 1 exhaust

Feb 6, 2020
Would 3 LL120 RGB fans at the front of the case and an h150i pro radiator at the top of the case, both acting as intake, be fine with 1 LL120 RGB fan at the back acting as exhaust?

and what case would be recommended for such a setup?

Solution
Well the idea was for the radiator's fans to pull in cool air from the top of the case. same as the fans would be pulling in air from the front of the case.
And there is the eternal question...;)
Rad as intake or exhaust.
As top intake, you're bringing cool air across the rad. However, you're pushing that warmed air into the case.
As top exhaust, you're blowing marginally warmer air through the rad but also sucking all that outside the case.

As inferred above, you want a mostly balanced airflow.
Feb 6, 2020
The purpose of all those fans and radiators is to move air through the case. Not just blow it around inside.

Why have the top mount rad as intake?

Cool air in...warm air out.
Well the idea was for the radiator's fans to pull in cool air from the top of the case. same as the fans would be pulling in air from the front of the case.

USAFRet

Titan
And there is the eternal question...;)
As top intake, you're bringing cool air across the rad. However, you're pushing that warmed air into the case.
As top exhaust, you're blowing marginally warmer air through the rad but also sucking all that outside the case.

Solution
Feb 6, 2020
  • And there is the eternal question...;)

Oh I see. What about the radiator as front intake with the ll120 fans acting as exhaust. Two on top and one at the back of the case?

bignastyid

Titan

• Oh I see. What about the radiator as front intake with the ll120 fans acting as exhaust. Two on top and one at the back of the case?
I have a Lian li 550x with a front mounted 420mm radiator(Eisbaer 420) with 3 SP140rgb fans attached as intake, 3 more SP140rgbs on the top as exhaust and 1 120mm bora fan as a rear exhaust.

With the radiator front mounted I dropped an avg of 8°C on the cpu(8700k @4.8GHz tested under max load) and only gained 1°C on avg(pretty much statistically irrelevant) on the GPU(GTX 1080) vs the rad mounted on top as exhaust. However you might get different results so it maybe worth testing temps in both configurations.

Feb 6, 2020
I'll try out those configurations. I have another question regarding the fans on the h150i pro. I wanted to replace the stock fans with some rgb fans as id like to get a case with a glass front panel but after some research people talk about CFM and Static Pressure being significantly lost over replacing the 3 radiator fans with any of corsairs rgb fans. Do you have any recommendations on good rgb fans for the h150i pro?