Dec 15, 2020
So I've bought Gigabyte 3060Ti Gaming OC Pro, but didn't noted that it comes with extra 6-pin PCI-e connector compared to non-Pro version.
Problem is I have older PSU that comes only with single 6+2 PCI-e connector, which if possible I would rather avoid to replace.
PSU in question is Chieftec GPA500S8, which according to sticker on it should provide 396W on 12V line.
CPU I currently use is Ryzen 5 2600.

Question is if I could replace 6-pin PCI-e connector with 2x molex -> 6-pin PCI-e adapter without major issues?
Or maybe splitter for 8 -> 2x 6+2? (not as easily available as solution above)

What I have found previously, suggests molex should be fine as long as you don't push more than 4-5A through it, and because 6-pin drains 75W, it should at most draw around 3A at full load (which this card should not get as it would be 300W), is that correct?

I don't plan any OC for this card, in fact I plan to UV it if possible,
Should I be fine with such alternatives, or should I definitely buy new PSU? (I would like to avoid that, but will buy new one if there is no other possibilities)

Solution
NO - you need a psu and something better quality.

Spending $300 to $400 on a 3060ti then trying to run it on an ancient platform 400w chieftec with sata/molex adapters is absolute madness and an accident waiting to happen.